Please check your PayPal settings to ensure you can still accept payments through PayPal

I came across this in the EcommerceBytes Blog.

http://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/blog/blog.pl?/pl/2016/9/1474766328.html

This account I'm posting with is fine.  However, my other two accounts had the settings changed "somehow" (I certainly didn't do it) to show that I did not offer or accept PayPal payments.  I quickly corrected that .... but I don't know how long it's been that way.

Please check your settings, particularly if your sales have slowed dramatically.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Please check your PayPal settings to ensure you can still accept payments through PayPal

if this was a problem, a seller would let you know right away, it in no way would be an sign of business being slower than usual, they still have to buy it, before you would know if there was a payment issue..

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

@esclyons wrote:

if this was a problem, a seller would let you know right away, it in no way would be an sign of business being slower than usual, they still have to buy it, before you would know if there was a payment issue..

What if a buyer wanted an item and then read that "PayPal payments not accepted" so they decided against it, because they wanted to use money in their P.P. account.  What if a buyer clicks on "Buy it Now" with immediate payment required, tries to pay and their payment is not accepted.  Would they advise you or would they just forget about it.  I don't know .... I'm asking.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I'd say there would be a 50/50 chance. If the buyer wanted your item badly enough, they would reach out to ask the reason you don't accept paypal. If, on the other hand, yours was one of a selection of two dozen others, they would just move on to the next seller without mentioning it to you. Probably thinking you were just being difficult like those sellers who have a hundred other weird rules for buyers to follow. 

Message 4 of 4
latest reply