Possibly a scam???

e_knny
Community Member

Hi, recently a buyer (with a feedback score of 2) bought an item from me.

A payment was made, however, a few hours later, the payment was reversed and refunded. 

What is interesting that the I did not initiate the reversal/refund. This wasn't an e-check or anything and the money was actually originally in my account. What scares me is that somehow this buyer is able to refund his money even without my approval or me knowing about it. If I shipped the item before the reversal was made, I would have lost out big time.

Now the buyer has made another payment for the same item, I am so confused what is going on here

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Possibly a scam???

Call PayPal and ask.

Possibly, the original payment may have been keyed wrongly within the PayPal system, they reversed it and then corrected it without the buyer even knowing about it.

Only PayPal knows for sure.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Possibly a scam???

It happens from time to time. One thing for sure it wasn't the buyer who was able to cancel the payment, that came from PayPal. They probably won't tell you why but it's probably just a new account that for some reason triggered a 'bot to reverse the payment.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Possibly a scam???

thanks, their second payment has been reversed also

i will call paypal in the morning

i have a feeling i will get a defect out of this

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Possibly a scam???

@e_knny wrote:

thanks, their second payment has been reversed also

i will call paypal in the morning

i have a feeling i will get a defect out of this

How?

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 5 of 5
latest reply