Post office and negotiations

Rant and rave all you want. Expect them to go out in July.

Photobucket
Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

I try to shut down to have a life for a bit in the summer anytime, looks like I might to get started fishing earlier this year!!!
Message 2 of 15
latest reply

" them to go out in July."

That's OK with most stamp dealers as this is usually the slowest month of the year (collectors get out of the house in June/July)

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

Being with Canada Post I can say the likelihood of a disruption is defiantly there, by that I mean the negotiations are not going well. As to the July prediction for this stoppage it is important to note Canada Post has already applied for conciliation. This means the possibly of it happening sooner is also there. I have personally begun to arrange alternate shipping from other couriers. The last lockout we had lasted for almost 3 weeks, many posties believe this time could be quiet a bit longer.

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

So, if we have a store, will Ebay reimburse us for the time of the strike as we can't mail anything or will they expect us to use courier.

Maybe better to cancel store prior to June 4th until their fiasco is over as they have been without a contract for a long time.

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

Glad I have a secondary shipping option through USPS. With the way postal services are squeezing every last penny I expect them to go out as well.

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

"if we have a store, will Ebay reimburse us for the time of the strike"

No.

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

Probably the only way I'd take a vacation anyway. 

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

@saltca4 wrote:

Being with Canada Post I can say the likelihood of a disruption is defiantly there, by that I mean the negotiations are not going well. As to the July prediction for this stoppage it is important to note Canada Post has already applied for conciliation. This means the possibly of it happening sooner is also there. I have personally begun to arrange alternate shipping from other couriers. The last lockout we had lasted for almost 3 weeks, many posties believe this time could be quiet a bit longer.

Did you mean definitely? You used defiantly which means characterized by defiance; boldly resistant or challenging: a defiant attitude.

Since you are with Canada Post, I am trying to figure out what if you are deliberately playing with words or just had a "Freudian slip" or just a plain simple typo.

No offense intended. Just curious.

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

"So, if we have a store, will Ebay reimburse us for the time of the strike as we can't mail anything"

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha , ho ho ho ho ho ho ho 

Oh you were serious. Sorry, I almost fell out of my chair. Smiley LOL

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

Well, I think that is totally unfair, but then when is Ebay ever fair. Thought people would like some humor instead of doom and gloom.

Maybe I will just shut my store down completely till the end of the summer. Sales have been dead,  store prices are going up, and possibility of a strike does not make for good business model.

Will give me a chance to stock my websites and get more stuff ready for Ebay or wherever else I may be selling on.

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

Hope you're OK and didn't hurt yourself.Smiley Wink

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

Oh Im OK . I had padding

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

It was during the last postal strike that all I did was add listings to my store.

Store was on vacation for about 40 days

No parcels to prepare.....and mail

Just list.... list... list 

In some ways it was a benefit... but then for many sellers no sales  means  no money added to the bank account...

and then when the strike was over.....  sales were very good... especially for a July

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

Perfect timing for the .com migration tool however. I'll move listings over to .com, then block all Canadian shipping options if the union decides to go out. For those without a fallback shipping service they can use, cumos55's advice to spend the time organizing inventory and prepping listings is probably a good suggestion. Make use of the downtime while you have it.

Message 15 of 15
latest reply