Primary Shipping Address on eBay and knowing how it works ... eBay in relation to Paypal

Knowing how eBay works can be an advantage.

-------------------------------------

It was a few months ago that it was learned that the Address for a specific transaction on Paypal was linked to the address listed on eBay… Listed as the Primary Shipping Address on eBay . The address on Paypal cannot be changed/edited once a purchase has been made

-----------------------------------------------

Woke up at about 3:00 AM this morning…. Could not fall back asleep.

Went to the computer and viewed my emails.

Person in Norway wanted to buy a book and ship it to an address in Canada….  He was prevented from buying…. Norway was blocked

It was only a few months ago that it was decided to ship only to Canada and the US… no more international shipping outside of North America….. Canada and US.

My suggestion to this person was to add the Canadian address to the list of addresses in this person’s list of addresses on eBay …   And then make this address the Primary Shipping Address.

Went back to sleep….Woke up at about 7:00 AM

Book was bought… the eBay and Paypal addresses were the same  and for a Canadian destination..

Parceled up the book… mailed by 9:00 AM this morning….  Should be delivered on December 24….    Winnipeg, MB to Lethbridge, AB

Signature option was added….  To prevent anything that would result in a loss  of this parcel in transit...

Nice $65 US sale…..

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Primary Shipping Address on eBay and knowing how it works ... eBay in relation to Paypal

That was a smart sale wtg

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

A shot in the dark... based on a measure of understanding...

and it worked.

It should be noted that someone in a blocked country, can make a purchase and have it shipped to an unblocked country.

and then  another fact  ....  purchased  and then paid with Paypal....  the address on Paypal  cannot be changed...

So a scammer cannot pay for shipping to an unblocked country... such as Canada....  and then change the address on Paypal   and ask  the purchase to be shipped to another country... where there is a much more costly shipping....

However...... I have encountered a few situations  over the past few months when the address on the Paypal notice of payment was different than the address that came with the eBay email indicating that a purchase has been made...  

Much more to learn about this situation....

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

However...... I have encountered a few situations  over the past few months when the address on the Paypal notice of payment was different than the address that came with the eBay email indicating that a purchase has been made...  

When the buyer pays for the item, they indicate the address that they want the item sent to. They can add the address at that time or it can be an address they already have on their ebay account.   So when you were sent the notice of purchase, the address shown would be the primary address and when the buyer paid, they chose a non primary address. You always go by the address on the payment made email.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

The Primary Shipping Address must be chosen on eBay....

They buy when one address is indicated  and then identify the Primary Shipping address, on eBay,  before they pay..

If this is so  then the different address on the eBay notice of a sale as opposed to the address indicated on Paypal is explainable.

------------------------------------------------------------

Just checked a sale..  where addresses are different....

The address on the Sales Record is the same as the address on Paypal......

Buy with one address.... Choose the Primary Shipping Address.... and this Primary Shipping Address  is found on the Sales Record on eBay and with the payment on Paypal....

-----------------------------------

My buyer identified the Primary Shipping address before he bought ....and ....paid for the book.  

He bought as if he was living in Canada... 

I get the impression  that the only way to buy this book was for him to identify the Primary mailing Address before he bought the book.   If this was not done he would have been blocked from buying  as he had indicated.... in his email at 3:00 AM.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply