Printing Labels In Paypal, Half Page

Every time I print a label for small packet or airmail through Paypal the label seems to print out on a whole page, with the top portion being the actual label and the bottom just being instructions on how to apply (and a reference number that is online anyhow).

Has anyone found a method to just print the shipping label, I'm using adhesive labels that are 2 to a page and do not wish to waste the second (and ink) printing instructions for every label.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

There is no way that I'm aware of to just print the top part of the label.

But I don't use adhesive labels... I use regular paper, cut the paper in half (or fold it over) and then put it inside a free labelope from Canada Post. I still waste half of a piece of paper but that is probably less expensive than wasting an adhesive label.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Ditto what PJ says. I am not spending good money on adhesive labels. Each printed paper page is already costing my 3¢ each.
Photobucket
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I once got 25 full page labels for free so I wanted to use them with PayPal shipping and not waste the bottom half just like you. What I did was cut the full page labels in half, then apply a little glue stick on the back of the top of the half label, then place on the top of a scrap used sheet of regular 8 1/2 x 11 paper. Then print as a normal page with the PayPal label on the top and the receipt part printing on the paper at the bottom. No issues feeding through my laser printer. The little dab of glue was strong enough to hold for one print. Worked like a charm.

So with 25 full sheets, I got 50 half sheets. It takes maybe a half hour to do this project for about 25 sheets.

I would never buy full page labels as it is an unnecessary expense.  Use regular paper and free Canada Post labelopes or cover with packing tape. You can even use scrap paper for the paper labels, print on the back clear side. Often the printed part of the scrap page is less than half a page so you can cut the page in half and have a half page clear of printing on the back.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

PDF - print selected graphic

1) Print to PDF (pdf creator - its free open source)

2) Click setting at bottom that makes it open automatically in your reader  (Foxit PDF Reader -Free Open Source)

3) Press 'ALT + 7' and then highlight area to print

4) Print using any printer, selected graphic, adjust print setting for size depending on media used ( 'fit to margins' or shrink, enlarge, or original extra crispy).

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@pocomocomputing wrote:

I once got 25 full page labels for free so I wanted to use them with PayPal shipping and not waste the bottom half just like you. What I did was cut the full page labels in half, then apply a little glue stick on the back of the top of the half label, then place on the top of a scrap used sheet of regular 8 1/2 x 11 paper. Then print as a normal page with the PayPal label on the top and the receipt part printing on the paper at the bottom. No issues feeding through my laser printer. The little dab of glue was strong enough to hold for one print. Worked like a charm.

So with 25 full sheets, I got 50 half sheets. It takes maybe a half hour to do this project for about 25 sheets.

I would never buy full page labels as it is an unnecessary expense.  Use regular paper and free Canada Post labelopes or cover with packing tape. You can even use scrap paper for the paper labels, print on the back clear side. Often the printed part of the scrap page is less than half a page so you can cut the page in half and have a half page clear of printing on the back.

Excellent example of: reduce, reuse, recycle.

Photobucket
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

When you are about to print the label, just change your printer setting from portrait to landscape - it cuts the size down considerably.

You can save the setting and use it every time for PayPal labels.

Old enough to know better. Young enough to do it again. Crazy enough to try
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

worrly
Community Member

I would remove the bottom sheet and restick it on another wax sheet. 

Message 8 of 8
latest reply