Promo Aug 27 to Sept 03 Save 50% on final value fees for up to 5 listings

Terms & Conditions

Please note: Invited sellers must activate the Promotion by selecting “Activate offer” in the invitation email or on the Promotion landing page. Items listed prior to a seller activating the Promotion will not be eligible for the Promotional Rate.

What is the Promotion?

Invited sellers (“sellers”) who activate the offer and then list in the auction-style, auction-style with the Buy It Now feature added, or fixed price formats (except Good ’Til Cancelled listings), pursuant to the terms and conditions set forth herein, will pay no insertion fees and will receive 50% off final value fees (collectively referred to as "Promotion") for up to five listings during the Promotion Period as defined below.

Please note: Free insertion fees and discounted final value fees will be applied to the seller’s first five listings created during the Promotion. The Promotion is in addition to the free insertion fee promotion per calendar month. For listings on ebay.com, 1, 3, 5, 7, 10, and 30-day listing durations are included as part of this Promotion. Auction-style listings with 1- or 3-day durations will not be charged an insertion fee, but will be subject to the special duration listing upgrade fee.

Who's eligible?The Promotion is available by invitation only and is not transferable. Sellers that qualify for participation will have received an email and/or a message in My eBay. The Promotion is then activated with the seller’s qualifying eBay user ID after the seller activates the Promotion from the invitation email or on the Promotion landing page.When is it?For listings in the US, this Promotion starts on the stated date within the email you received, at 00:00:01 PT (12:00AM plus one second), and will end on the stated date within the email you received, at 23:59:59 PT (11:59PM plus 59 seconds) (the “Promotion Period”).

How do I get the Promotional Rate?Sellers that have been invited to participate in the Promotion will receive the Promotional Rate after they activate the Promotion from the invitation email or the Promotion landing page, and then create up to five listings during the Promotion Period in auction-style, auction-style with the Buy It Now feature added, or fixed price formats with the seller’s qualifying eBay user ID. Any listings created prior to the time of activation will not be eligible for the Promotional Rate.

What are the fees?

During the Promotion Period, there will be no insertion fees and 50% off final value fees for up to five listings in the auction-style, auction-style with the Buy It Now feature added, or fixed price formats for items listed using the seller’s qualifying eBay user ID. Additional optional feature fees still apply.

An important note about how final value fees will be displayed: The 50% off final value fees Promotional Rate will not be shown during the listing process. Instead, the discount will be reflected in the "View Account Status" section in My eBay as well as in your next invoice.

Summary of Restrictions & Exclusions.

Please take the time to read the full terms for all the details.

• This promotion is only valid for listings on the US site at www.ebay.com, eBay Motors at www.ebay.com/motors (Parts & Accessories and Automotive Tools & Supplies only), or with an eBay Mobile application for iOS, Android, Windows, or BlackBerry in the US.
  • Sellers can list five items as part of this Promotion. Only single quantity listings are eligible for this Promotion. Listings in which the seller is selling a single quantity of an item are eligible, but listings in which multiple items are being sold through the same listing are not eligible.
  • This Promotion does not apply to the following: Good ’Til Cancelled durations, eBay Motors Passenger Vehicles, Motorcycles, Boats, Power Sports, Other Vehicles, Motors Local Market, Real Estate, or Classified Ad listings. The following business and industrial categories are excluded: Heavy Equipment (177641), Concession Trailers & Carts (67145), Imaging & Aesthetics Equipment (92036), and Commercial Printing Presses (26247).
  • Fees for optional features (such as reserve price, subtitle, Gallery Plus, listing in 2 categories, etc.) and any applicable PayPal fees will still apply. For listing in 2 categories, you will be charged at standard rates for the second category. Please note: Not all features are available in all listing flows.
  • When listing an item in multiple categories, sellers will not pay the insertion fee for the first category but will be charged an insertion fee for each additional category selected. For example, if a seller lists one item in two (2) different categories, the seller will not incur an insertion fee for the first category, but will be charged for the second category.
  • Only sellers whose accounts meet eBay’s minimum seller performance standards are eligible. If you are invited to participate in the Promotion, please sign in to My eBay and view your Seller Dashboard to verify whether your account is currently meeting the standards. If you have received fewer than five detailed seller ratings from buyers, this information will not appear in My eBay; however, you will receive email notification if your account falls below the minimum performance standards.
  • All existing selling limits on sellers’ account (as well as category and item limits) still apply, and may exclude and prevent sellers from creating the maximum number of listings available for the Promotional Rate.
  • The Promotional Rate does not apply to listings created prior to a seller activating the offer or with a start date prior to the Promotion, including those listings revised during the Promotion Period. Additionally, the Promotional Rate will not apply to listings scheduled to start after the Promotion Period. Listings created prior to the Promotion Period, but after a seller activates the Promotion, and scheduled to start during the Promotion Period, will be eligible to receive the Promotional Rate.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Another Invite only offer.

Only valid for listings on eBay.COM

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Yes, and I don't DO ebay.com. 

Although I did log into my account on ebay.com just to see whether I'd been invited. Like a wallflower, I was not.

But I was reminded that I have 1,000 free listings at any time there should I want to actually list in USD on ebay.com which, unfortunately, I do not. It woundn't even be that difficult to fathom now that I've used all 1,000 listings monthly on ebay.ca, all it would mean is that I'd start creating new listings henceforth on ebay.com. But I don't want to. Back in 2012 when I first sold here, I used USD as a currency because ebay said to do that and the dollars were at par and still my Canadian buyers complained about paying USD for products purchased and shipped from Canada. So I quit USD on all items effective Jan 2013 and never looked back. O Canada! 

So that's all for that. 

Message 3 of 3
latest reply