Question for Canadian sellers seling on dotCom. re: 30 day returns and TRS discount

fort2b
Community Member

For those Canadian sellers who sell on Ebay.com:

In order to keep the 20% TRS discount do we now have to offer 30 day returns?  My understanding is that was for Top Rated Plus benefits, which we can't qualify for unless we upload tracking for all US based transactions.  Canadian sellers are exempt from having to upload tracking in order to get the 20% TRS discount, assuming other criteria are met. 

Up until now I have still been getting my 20% discount, despite that I just offer 14 day returns and the changeover to 30 day returns was on May 1.

But I have a feeling all of a sudden I wont' be getting my 20% discount for this month?

Anyone know the scoop?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Question for Canadian sellers seling on dotCom. re: 30 day returns and TRS discount

No you don't. You will never be TRS+ due to other things but as long as you meet the Canadian requirements , for now, you will keep your TRS status and get your discount.

That could of course be changed without notice just like other things have been.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

As Dutchman said, as long as you meet the global trs trquirements you will receive the discount for listings on .ca and .com.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

We've haven't been exempt from uploading tracking for months now. They went back to September and started dishing out defects a few months ago, It was .
And since ebay will force the returns anyways why not just offer 30 days?

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@prarie_nerd wrote:

We've haven't been exempt from uploading tracking for months now. They went back to September and started dishing out defects a few months ago, It was .
And since ebay will force the returns anyways why not just offer 30 days?

We still don't need to use tracking in under to get the global trs discount.  You are referring to late shipments which isn't what the op was asking about.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply