Received "Get $100 bonus" email. Do I meet minimum seller performance standards?

I received a promotional email from ebay titled "Get a $100 bonus when you sell."

One of the terms reads:

"Only sellers whose accounts meet eBay's minimum seller performance standards (http://pages.ebay.ca/help/policies/seller-non-performance.html) are eligible. Please sign in to My eBay and view your Seller Dashboard to verify whether your account is currently meeting the standards. If you have received fewer than five detailed seller ratings from buyers, this information will not appear in My eBay; however, you will receive email notification if your account falls below the minimum performance standards. Find out more about seller performance standards (http://pages.ebay.ca/help/policies/seller-non-performance.html)."

I checked the hyperlink but I'm still uncertain whether I'm a seller that meets the minimum seller standards.

I'm on my Seller Dashboard (http://www.sps.ebay.ca/sd/sdrefresh) and it says " Your seller level is: Above Standard". Is that it? Is that good enough? I want to be one-hundred-percent sure that I'm eligible before I go through the long and time-consuming process of listing an item or multiple items on ebay.

-----

Complete email below:

Sell your phone—or anything else—and cash in big.

1 WEEK ONLY!
Sell now to get a $100 bonus
Sell your phone—or anything else—and make extra money. Plus, get a $100 bonus Coupon to spend on anything you want on eBay.
Activate offer     
List by October 11. Sell by October 21.

By invitation only and applies to [my userid]; do not forward.

* The average price is calculated on final sale prices for items sold in auction-style and fixed price formats in new and used condition over a 14- day period ending September 4, 2015, on www.ebay.com in USD, for non-professional sellers only. Shipping and handling costs not included in calculation. Because this is an price, the actual price may vary. No representation is made that any item will sell at a particular price, nor is any claim made that eBay will result in the highest ASP in every category on the site.

Please note: Invited sellers must activate the Promotion by selecting “Activate offer” in the invitation email or on the Promotion landing page. Items listed prior to a seller activating the Promotion will not be eligible for the Coupon.

Who's eligible?
Only sellers invited via an email and/or a message in My eBay and whose accounts meet eBay’s minimum seller performance standards are eligible. The Promotion is activated with the seller’s qualifying eBay user ID after the seller activates the Promotion from the invitation email or on the Promotion landing page. The Promotion is for invited sellers only and is not transferable.

When is it?
The Promotion will begin on Tuesday, October 6, 2015, at 00:00:01 ET (12:00AM plus one second), and will end on Sunday, October 11, 2015, at 23:59:59 ET (11:59PM plus 59 seconds) ("Promotion Listing Period") for listings on www.ebay.ca and www.ebay.com. Eligible sellers (“sellers”) who create listings during the Promotion Listing Period, complete one or more bona fide sales, and receive payment in full for the item(s) from the buyer by 23:59:59 ET on Wednesday, October 21, 2015, will be eligible to earn an eBay Coupon.

What is the Promotion?
Eligible sellers (“sellers”) who activate the offer and then list qualifying items† and who sell one (1) or more items listed on eBay.com, pursuant to the terms and conditions set forth herein, are eligible to earn a single eBay Coupon (“Coupon”).

† Qualifying listings can be in the auction-style, auction-style with the Buy It Now feature added, or fixed price format, and do not include Real Estate or Classified Ad listings.

How do I earn the eBay Coupon?
The value of the coupon will be the lessor of 100% of the total amount that is sold, excluding shipping, handling, and taxes, from items listed during the Promotion Listing Period (October 6—October 11, 2015) that sell by October 21, 2015, for a maximum coupon value of $100. For example, if the total value of the items listed during the Promotion Listing Period, that are sold By October 21, 2015 is $15.50, a $15.50 Coupon will be issued. If the total value of the items that are sold is $120, a $100 Coupon will be issued.

An item is defined as listed when it is posted for sale on on eBay.ca or eBay.com and the listing is maintained until 1) the item sells, or 2) the end of the listing period is reached. An item is defined as sold when it is paid for in full by a buyer. The eBay Coupon will be awarded within two weeks after October 21, 2015. Once credited, the Coupon will also be available in the "Messages" tab within "My eBay". The Coupon is not transferable. The Coupon is subject to other terms and conditions. Limit of one (1) Coupon per eligible, participating seller. Users will have until the date listed on the Coupon to redeem on www.ebay.ca or www.ebay.com.
ADDITIONAL TERMS:
Please take time to read the full terms for all the details.

•     Please note: only items listed after the seller activates the offer will qualify for the Coupon.
•     Only sellers whose accounts meet eBay's minimum seller performance standards are eligible. Please sign in to My eBay and view your Seller Dashboard to verify whether your account is currently meeting the standards. If you have received fewer than five detailed seller ratings from buyers, this information will not appear in My eBay; however, you will receive email notification if your account falls below the minimum performance standards. Find out more about seller performance standards.
•     All listings must comply with eBay policies, including eBay's Duplicate Listing policy that allows for the removal of duplicate fixed price listings.
•     This Promotion does not apply to listings with a start date prior to Tuesday, October 6, 2015, including those listings revised during the Promotion Listing Period. Additionally, the Promotion will not apply to listings scheduled to start after the Promotion Listing Period. Listings created prior to Tuesday, October 6, 2015, which are scheduled to start during the Promotion Listing Period, will be eligible to receive the Coupon.
•     To be eligible for the Coupon, the item(s) must be listed during the Promotion Period, and must sell by October 21, 2015. An item is defined as sold when it is paid for in full by a buyer.

eBay Coupons Frequently Asked Questions
Here's how to redeem your coupon:

1.     Shop for eligible items. Check the coupon for eligibility.
2.     Pay for your item with PayPal before the expiration date on the coupon.
3.     Enter the code in the redemption code field.

Still have questions? Visit our step-by-step guide.

Coupon Terms & Conditions:
The Coupon will expire at 11:59:59 PM ET on the date shown on the Coupon. Discount applies to an order total for eligible item(s) on eBay.ca or eBay.com. Coupon can be used once for up to the maximum Coupon amount. Only registered eBay members paying with PayPal can receive the discount. Any unused difference between the order total and the maximum coupon amount will be forfeited. Stated currency is in Canadian dollars.

Any refund you may be entitled to receive will not include the value of this coupon. In the event you receive a refund, you will receive no more than the amount you actually paid towards your purchase.

Coupon is subject to Canadian laws, void where prohibited, not redeemable for cash, has no face or cash value, and cannot be combined with any other coupon. eBay may cancel, amend, or revoke the coupon at any time. Use of automated devices or programs for coupon redemption are prohibited. Unauthorized reproduction of this coupon is unlawful. Limit one coupon per purchase. Not valid with any other coupon offer.

Start selling

Reference code: [a four-digit code]

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Received "Get $100 bonus" email. Do I meet minimum seller performance standards?

Um, something about this whole thing smells a little fishy....

Did you receive this email through your eBay Messages, or to your personal email?  If the latter, I wouldn't click on any link in it or take any steps until you know more.  

I haven't seen any sellers reporting a $100 bonus promo.  I could be wrong, but this seems very unlike anything eBay would do with promos. 

Be cautious and don't take this bait until you know more.  (You might want to bring this up at the next Wednesday board hour or email Raphael directly -- if it is a scam, eBay needs to be aware of it). 

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Its real, no one who sells regularly will get it

Yes op yuo are fine if you are above standard

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

ca_hardl
Community Member
I haven't got it yet but apparently some people have. Can't contact eBay "due to unforeseen circumstances"
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

no one who sells regularly will get it

How do you get to be Above Standard if you are not selling regularly?

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

There is only below standard, above standard or top rated.  Not below = above.  People who sold a few things now and then or been dorman may get offers like that, people selling all the time dont

Message 6 of 6
latest reply