Relist a Canceled item

loden974
Community Member

I tried to sold my first item (buy now or best offer) on eBay yesterday, and to my surprise, received an request for invoice from a US

resident (wasn't keen on shipping internationally but since the buy made a compelling case I agreed ed to it). However, I to my great disappointment, the buyer called it off as soon as I hit the "send invoice" button...

I then received a message from eBay that my item is now considered as "Sold" and have to relist it... And there lies the issue. I only have a limit of 1000$ a month and this canceled listing did not reset my listing limit?

So I now have to wait a month to relist my item instead of eBay doing it's job and automatically relist the item? Worst, it seems that I cannot find any way to send them an email but have to call their call center? I cannot believe that eBay doesn't a way to create custom ticket of a listing that you've either buy ,or sell, that is not related to the "I got scammed" button.

Best regards,

Chris.

PS: why did Ebay allowed a US resident allowed to lock my listing when I did not check the "ship internationally" box?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Relist a Canceled item

73rhc
Community Member

Use the "Help & Contact" link at the top of the eBay page. You will find a link to call Customer Service.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Relist a Canceled item

Even if you just ship to Canada other buyers can bid unless you check off the box below.

On your my ebay page go to Account

Site Preferences

Buyer References - click on edit on the right side

Check off-

Block buyers whose primary shipping address is in a location I don't ship to.

Your buyer probably did not realize how expensive the shipping cost would be so if you decide to ship to the U.S. make sure that you do specifiy a shipping amount. You would have to use xpresspost as it is the only Canada Post service that provides a signature ton delivery to the U.S. and you need a signature for any item + shipping over $750.   You will need that signature in Canada too.

To be honest, I wouldn't recommend selling anything that expensive as a new seller as they tend to attract dishonest buyers...especially phones. It is probably safer selling it locally on Kijiji. I don't think that I would be comfortable selling it online as there are things that can go wrong - chargebacks, Paypal claims etc.

If you do want to go ahead and sell it here, make sure you check off that buyer requirements box and you absolutely do not want to send this overseas as it is almost impossible to guarantee that you will get a signature on delivery.

Also, make sure that you go into your Paypal account to make sure that the buyer has payed and that paypal has said that it is ok to ship the item.   There have been reports of people sending fake Paypal emails saying that payment has been sent.

You have cancelled the sale that you made? You need to do that otherwise ebay will assume it is still sold and will charge you final value fees.

I agree that it doesn't seem fair that your limits are counted when a sale has gone through. I have no idea if ebay will change for you if you phone them but it can't hurt to try.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Relist a Canceled item

As 'international' goes, the USA is pretty safe, and about half to 85% of my sales go there.

But it is always your choice.

PJCDN gives good advice on shipping services.

And best wishes for your new career as an eBay seller.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Relist a Canceled item

Learn from my mistakes and i wanna thank you guys for all your replies.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply