Relist items

Anonymous
Not applicable

It just occurred to me when we received our free listings promos that eBay don't want us to "relist" prefer that we use "similar" to relist our items is that they don't want to pay us relist fee credit.

I was checking my Manager account and noticed "Eligible for Relist Fee Credit, 1058 (items) all of them are auction-style format.  Is that why eBay prefers us to use "similar" so they don't have to give us relist fee credit if we relist our items??  Anyone knew??

I wouldn't be surprised if eBay is using that tactics to avoid giving us the relist fee credits!!  Nothing new even they earned over billions of $$$$!!

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Relist items

"I wouldn't be surprised if eBay is using that tactics to avoid giving us the relist fee credits!! "

????

Think about it for a few minutes.

There can be no credit of no fees were paid!

The purpose of not allowing "relist" on some promotions is very simple and clear as water: to bring new fresh material to the site instead of the "same old same old" that has been offered for years by some sellers (because it is free to list) and does not sell nor attract buyers.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Relist items

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sure, sure, that is eBay's excuse to do that, wanting us to list new items.  Actually I have many unsold items and I was able to "relist" them by using "similar" and bingo I sold over 12 items the last 10 days, they are old items!!

If I was allowed to use "relist", I would get credits for those 10 sold items!!  Duh!!

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Relist items

As Pierre said, how would you get credit for something that you didn't pay for in the first place?

You have to pay to list in order to get a credit when an item sells.

Free listings do not qualify for any type of credit when they sell.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Relist items

with our free listings promos , why don't they give us '' free auction-style format '' not " fixed price '' once in a while , and with our promos  it would be nice to relist some items like we use too , a seller could put the price down if they fell like , I've done this and sold quite a bit of items , now with this " fixed price " , buyers are not buying items like they use to '' auctions are what people like !    , now  I see why some sellers are closing there stores.             

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Relist items

This is my understanding, please correct me if I'm mistaken in any details:

You have 1058 items that are eligible for an insertion fee credit.  That is because you paid to list them in the first place.  If you relist these as auctions, you will receive an insertion fee credit for each qualifying listing - you do not have to wait for a free listing promo.

When you take advantage of a free listing promo to relist a previously listed item using "Sell Similar", it has exactly the same effect on your fees as if you had received an insertion fee credit - there is no listing fee.  Net result - you have not paid for listing that item (again).

You now have an advantage, in that you have those 1058 listings that you can relist as auctions when there IS no promo, and receive an insertion fee credit.  And if you already have those items listed at Fixed Price 30 Days, as long as you do not use "Buy It Now" they can also be listed as auctions.  You have to make sure you do not surpass your selling limits.  I have seen your posts in the past stating that auctions work well for you, so why not take advantage of this?  Net result - you have not paid for listing that item (again).

Net result for eBay - they have not earned any extra billions of dollars, since you have not paid listing fees on the "promo" listings, and you will not pay any additional listing fees on the "insertion fee credit" items.  What they hope to do is earn final value fees.

**One thing that's unclear to me:  my account currently shows some items eligible for relist fee credits.  These were originally listed using some regular free monthly listings, so I did not pay a listing fee.  This seems to contradict point 4 below "Important Things to Keep in Mind", so why are they showing as eligible and what would be the net effect if I used "Relist"?  Wouldn't they just be taken from my current regular free listings, thus negating any actual credits? So why are they showing up as relist fee credits? Does eBay not distinguish between auctions for which fees were paid and auctions used from the regular free monthly allotments when they show you the number of eligible listings?  If not, this could be a financial minefield - 1058 items at .37¢ insertion fee = $391.46 Cdn

Here is the link and part of the explanation for insertion fee credits:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/insertion-fee-credit.html#requirements

Requirements for insertion fee credits

If your item qualifies for an insertion fee credit, we automatically apply the credit to your account in some cases when your listing meets these requirements:

• Your listed item must be in auction-style format. Fixed price listings, Classified Ads, select Business and Industrial categories, Motors vehicles, and Real Estate listings aren't eligible for insertion fee credits.

Important things to keep in mind:

• Only insertion fees are credited. Listing upgrade fees aren't credited.

• If your item sells, you're charged a final value fee.

• If you originally listed the item during a promotion and your promotional insertion fee was lower than the insertion fee for your relisted item, you're credited for the lower of the two fees if your item sells the second time.

• If you originally listed the item as a $0.00 insertion fee auction-style listing, there won't be a credit or refund for an insertion fee.

• If your duplicate auction-style listing doesn't appear on eBay, you may be eligible for an insertion fee credit.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Relist items

"You now have an advantage, in that you have those 1058 listings that you can relist as auctions when there IS no promo, and receive an insertion fee credit. "

???

You seem to have missed the most important point:  insertion fee credit only apply IF THE LISTING SELLS.

About the insertion fee credit

In some situations, you may qualify for an insertion fee credit when certain conditions apply:

• Your auction-style listing sells

• The buyer doesn't pay (unpaid item cases)"

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Relist items

Thank you Pierre, I knew I was missing something, thus the long post.  Just had surgery so I'll blame my "miss" on that - lol !!

This then makes it much easier for the OP to be happy with the free listing promos and let go of the insertion fee credits.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply