Relist security code??? What is going on??

dobidy
Community Member

I have been listing less and less on eBay. I was trying to relist items when I get a security confirmation code and a phone number that no one picks up. Really eBay......have you finally made your website impossible to use. As of this moment I am done listing items here.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

nan*55
Community Member

Wow, that's a new one 😞

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Usually for these they call YOU.

If you haven't listed in a long time or even logged in for a long time (months) you will get this security question if your IP address has changed and there are no remaining cookies on your computer.

You give them a number to call you (another test because it's supposed to be the same as the one on file) you can also do it via email or text.

I had to do this a few days ago when I tried to log in with an account I haven't used since last June.

I have been asked to call eBay and of all the times I have called eBay it's always answered on the second ring.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Just another in a long line of hassles. Don't get me started on the "customs brokerage" . That has prevented me from purchasing many, many items.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply