Resolution Centre not working?

I sold a doll to a buyer who purchased 2 more all for 425.00 Each for a total of 3 dolls. She refuses to talk to me via eBay's messaging systeml. Her phone number is also not valid so there is no way I can contact her.  So I filed a cancellation for 2 of the dolls and she agreed to cancel but she ended up paying for just 1 of them. This has been since Sunday.  I have asked her in 7 emails now what does she want her doll to look like (i.e. hair colour, name and birthdate) NO RESPONSES.  I cannot make this doll without knowing what she wants.  Since I didn't hear back from her within 24 hours I filed a cancellation again for this one and will refund her money. Only problem is, the resolution centre says its temporarily unavailable for the last 2 days.  This is ridiculous. She has no way to respond if she wanted to and I have no way to close it to get my ebay fees back!  Why do buyers refuse to respond to emails in the first place?  And how is she allowed to be on ebay without communication? I have absolutely no way to contact her. I would love to fulfil this order but can't without knowing what she wants.  Any suggestions? 

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Those solid blocks of text are hard to read, but I understand this is a current glitch particularly affecting those posting from mobile devices. 

If her phone number is not valid, you can Report that. She is supposed to have current and valid contact info at all times.

She refuses to talk to me via eBay's messaging systeml.

Will she respond with her own email? You can cut and paste her replies into the eBay Messages. Not perfect , since those can be edited, but it will give the eBay clerk the ability to read your attempts to communicate. 

Since I didn't hear back from her within 24 hours I filed a cancellation again for this one and will refund her money. 

Many buyers will not agree until you refund. Since you don't want this sale, I suggest you refund now. Twentyfour hours is a bit fast, in my opinion, but not outrageously so. 

I'm not clear about why you want to cancel and refund. 

She paid.

Could it be that she expects the dolls to look like the ones pictured on your listing and doesn't understand that they are custom made?  Do you have dolls like the ones you used as illustrations?

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

AAH-- reborn baby dolls.

A difficult demographic. 

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

She wont respond to my emails privately to her Hotmail account OR on ebay messages but she can log into ebay to cancel the 2 that she bought and did not pay for. 

As for the doll in question, its CUSTOM made and it states in the listing that is custom. She has to supply

Hair Colour

Name

Birthdate.

I cannot just go and make a doll to find out later its not what she wanted, then ebay will let her keep the doll and the money. Forget it.  I am not about to order the kit either and pay money to have her file a dispute to get her money back. That is why I need her to talk to me which she won't. I have never been in this kind of position before and have no idea what to do about it.

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

@reallynicestamps wrote:

Those solid blocks of text are hard to read, but I understand this is a current glitch particularly affecting those posting from mobile devices. 

Weird.

I was able to use the resolution centre just fine to open a mutual cancellation today for a damaged in shipping item. Received the notification of acceptance by the buyer a few minutes later after I opened it. No problem at all.

Issue must be isolated to specific platforms, perhaps mobile as you mentioned.

Cheers,

thd

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Go up to right corner and click "Advanced" and see on left side bottom and click "Contact information" and type id username and item # and it will go to your email address and you will see phone number for you to call the buyer.

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

I did that, the buyers phone number has been disconnected.  How long before I can close this last dispute? I think its 7 days?  What erks me is I don't want to cancel because I need the money but have no idea what to make for her. Why do buyers do this, buy something then never respond to emails?  Like I said, she can log into ebay to cancel 2 of the claims that she didn't pay for but she cant respond to my ebay messages? Something is definitely off. I wouldn't be surprised if she gives me NEG feedback over this too 😞

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

The following link should help...

with respect to ... False or Missing contact information

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/policies/identity-false.html

Contact eBay... 

(1) Buyer's telephone number not valid

(2) Buyer does not respond through eBay massages.

(3) Report a buyer

(4) Refund and cancel transaction... reason:  other

(5) Contact eBay  to confirm...  discuss feedback potential

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

and...

Block this buyer...

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

I am unable to get into the resolution centre. it says "unavailable at this time" and its now been 3 or 4 days.

I will do everything you suggested when I get home from work and let you know how it goes

thanks 🙂

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

Sometimes I get the same answer when I try to access Traffic Reports..

I have found that if I try a second time  I do get through...  and maybe even a third time.

eBay may get an overload at times....too many trying use the Resolution Centre... or Traffic Reports... or whatever

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

She still hasn't replied. Tomorrow will be a full week. Who in their right mind would pay almost 500.00 for something and not communicate with the seller??  WHO? Is this a scam or something? Should I be waiting for the ball to drop on my head?  And when can I close the cancellation so I can be done with this? This is ridiculous and cannot believe there are buyers out there who would pay this kind of money and not communicate with their seller. Its seems so fishy to me!!

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

Case Information Unavailable

The information you requested is currently unavailable. Please try again at a later time.

I keep getting that message on ebay.ca and ebay.com this is not acceptable. maybe that is why she hasn't responded to the dispute because she CANT but that still doesn't give a reason why she hasn't responded to my 5 emails.
Message 13 of 15
latest reply

When did you file the cancellation? You can't close it until the 8th day. If you still can't close it after that then phone ebay and ask them to close it.

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

I cancelled it last Saturday but as I said when I try and view it, I STILL get that message

Case Information Unavailable
The information you requested is currently unavailable. Please try again at a later time.

This is NOT ACCEPTABLE EBAY!!  Everytime I try and look at my cases, this is what I get. How on earth is a seller or a buyer supposed to respond to close or whatever if they cant get in the case???

This is now beyond ridiculous. Over 4 days I cannot get into my disputes.  If ebay charges me fees and makes me pay before I can close this out, almost $46.00 I am really going to be **bleep**.

Message 15 of 15
latest reply