Return Shipping Label -- Please I need HELP

I ship two belts to USA with Canada Post. Now my two buyers want to return it as the size is not suposed OK. How can I do a return shipping label ??? I am a particular.

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

First class international, small flat rate box and flat rate envelope only have delivery confirmation if the label is purchased online so if the buyer went to the post office to buy the label, Priority would be the least expensive with delivery confirmation.  The clerk probably recommended the medium flat rate box as that is $45. It would have been about $25 -$30 for Priority if they used their own packaging rather than a flat rate box but I think that USPS does push flat rate boxes because they make more money.

Message 21 of 25
latest reply

Ok.. and when I am asking for the tracking number before refund him.. I got this :

Dear electron318,

There is no tracking number.. Because it's going to Canada our post service doesn't have tracking.. It just has a customs form number.

Is that normal??? It's the first time I see that.

Message 22 of 25
latest reply

If it doesn't have a tracking number then it couldn't have been a Priority medium flat rate box as they do have tracking. If they sent it in a small flat rate or flat rate envelope, or first class international without delcon, those would just have a customs number but should not have cost $45. The custom number should be trackable though. It is always trackable to the U.S. border and Canada Post often scans it as well. I just received a first class parcel with just a customs number and it was tracked right up until delivery.

I'm curious now as to what they actually used. I'm just going by the prices on the website but I just can't see how it would have cost that much. You should be able to see he cost once you get the package.

You asked for the tracking number before refunding...were you going to refund the whole amount then or just the shipping cost?

You should not refund for the item until you get it back. If you promised to send money for the postage once it was mailed then I would probably want to see some sort of proof such as a customs number so that iI would know it was mailed. But I don't know what you promised them. I would be wary about giving them $45 for shipping until I saw that amount on the package.

Basically it's a judgement call...I can tell you what I would probably do but I'm not the one in contact with the buyer so I can't really guess what their intentions are and how honest they are being.

Message 23 of 25
latest reply

I wanted to refund him the shipping cost after he sends it to me and when I will get the belt I will refund the whole amount.

He shoes me a picture of the invoice but I cannot see nothing on the picture it's really unclear. If I ask him the custom number, can I see with that number if he really ships my item back at the good adress? Can I have some informations with that number?

Message 24 of 25
latest reply

Hello 'electron318', 

I am a bit confused by all this, so perhaps you can help clear it up for me.  

You say you sold 2 belts to 2 different buyers, and both buyers want to return them, is that right?

If the belts do not fit , -- is it because you listed the item with the wrong size?

This is an important point because if you listed the item incorrectly that is your fault.  If the belt simply does not fit the

buyer, that is the buyer's fault.

That means when an item does not fit, it is the buyer's responsibility to pay return shipping.  

But obviously if you made a mistake in the listing and sent the wrong item, that would be your fault and you must 

pay return shipping.

When a buyer files a case for Not as Described, he must show proof, - say, a photo of a size 9  belt  when he clearly 

ordered a size 18.  Or a red one when he ordered a blue one.

Can you see the difference?  I am wondering why you were so eager to offer to pay return shipping when there seems 

to be no indication that you made any mistake.

One horrible buyer already left you a negative without making any effort to resolve the issue first.  Horrible indeed!

Is this the person who insists the shipping costs $45?  Has he sent the belt back?

You say one person has been very nice to deal with.  Has he sent the belt back?

Have either of these buyers opened a claim with ebay, or have they been dealing directly with you through the ebay

message system?

Just because a buyer 'says' an item is Not as Described does not mean this is true.  Buyers will say all sorts of lies 

to get discounts and free items, -- or all their money back if they change their mind or are too fat for the item they bought.

I am thinking if the belt is listed in centimeters and the buyers thought it was inches, . . . . .

Message 25 of 25
latest reply