Return case closed then opens INR

Buyer tells me he does not need item anymore and wants to return it. Return approved. Then week or so later he closes return, Ebay thanks me for following upon the case and immediately new case for the same item, did not receive it yet. I thought there is one case per sale.

I think it's hogwash, but whatever.

How many defects is this ?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The first one wouldn't be a case unless ebay was asked to step in. It wouldn't be a defect either because the return was for buyers remorse.

If there is no delivery confirmation, I don' t know if ebay would back you but if messages show that the buyer had received the item when he opened the return request, you might want to fight the inr.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Will be only one defect, but it sounds strange .... I thought only one case can be open per transaction ....

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Why would there be a defect when return is basically buyer's remorse?

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I did not ask that clearly.  The first request by buyer to return because item is not needed should not generate a defect if the correct reason is chosen.  And I would be phoning eBay about the INR and having them read through the previous correspondence about returning the item.  Unless there's more to this, and the buyer contacted the seller about returning before he had even received the item.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

@maggiebvintage2010 wrote:

I did not ask that clearly.  The first request by buyer to return because item is not needed should not generate a defect if the correct reason is chosen.  And I would be phoning eBay about the INR and having them read through the previous correspondence about returning the item.  Unless there's more to this, and the buyer contacted the seller about returning before he had even received the item.

Well ..... in March I got a defect because a buyer in UK just wanted to know, "where is my item" and mistakenly opened INR case.

He did it about 8 DAYS before the scheduled arrival date. Did I deserve that defect?  

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

The first one wouldn't be a case unless ebay was asked to step in. It wouldn't be a defect either because the return was for buyers remorse.

If there is no delivery confirmation, I don' t know if ebay would back you but if messages show that the buyer had received the item when he opened the return request, you might want to fight the inr.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@38e_avenue wrote:

Well ..... in March I got a defect because a buyer in UK just wanted to know, "where is my item" and mistakenly opened INR case.

He did it about 8 DAYS before the scheduled arrival date. Did I deserve that defect?  

No and they should not have been allowed to open the inr until after the expected delivery date.  (they must have opened it on paypal?) But what I think doesn't matter. ebay considers an inr being opened as being a defect. In the OP's situation, the return wasn't a case or a defect.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

It is possible buyer opened return case before delivery, but it would be strange coincidence if this particular item was then lost considering actual loss ratio of this postal service is 1:500 (my est). I get lot of cases that are later closed because items are just delayed in transit or buyers open cases early before estimated delivery. Perhaps 1 in 10 INR cases result in refund.

The message he sent was strange and inconclusive if item actually arrived or not, he said item did not arrive on time and he needed it quick and got it somewhere else and does not need it anymore and so I owe him a refund. First he opened return, which was accepted, then week later he closed it and immediately opened the INR. It is done now, refund was sent, and for the shown mentality and lack of cooperation he earned very rare BBL position.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply