Return shipping Label international sale

I have an open case for one international sale on ebay.com (nothing in my Resolution Center on ebay.ca) 

Option for responds was:

- Agree to return (you responsible for return shipping)

- You can refund the buyer now

How can I print shipping label if we reside in different countries???

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

It's cumbersome and you may have to go to a central Post OFFICE, not the local outlet, but there has been a system in place for a couple of hundred years.

International Postal Reply Coupons.

http://www.canadapost.ca/cpo/mc/business/productsservices/atoz/irc.jsf

You buy the appropriate value of Coupons at your Post Office. You mail it to the buyer. He takes it to his Post Office and trades it for postage stamps (or labels).

Then he ships the parcel with his own country's postage on it.

The downsides;

It takes time.

The postal clerks at both ends will be baffled by the coupons.

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

I don't think you can. I know I had to return an item, the supplier sent me a USPS shipping label and of course I could only use it if I drove 2 hrs. across to the US. Maybe there is a way, possibly someone else will know.

If not, I would just tell the person to return the item to you for refund and after you receive the item back and examine it you can refund them their return shipping cost at that time. Don't refund any money though until you receive the item back and in the condition you expect. If the item doesn't work or is broken, you can ask for photos and maybe you won't want it back anyway. In that case, you won't have to pay for them to ship it back.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

You would have to go into that country's PO website, buy the postage, get the label, email it to the buyer, they cut it out, glue it to the package.

Right.

Photobucket
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Can't do it with UPS, available only from Canada to .... different destination.

With USPS have to be registered, and shows message -  Your profile is stored as an international address.
Please enter a valid domestic address.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Hence why Ebay refuses to address the international issues as they don't know either. They also refuse to discuss return shipping costs which could be huge with tracking. They just want you to refund and have buyer keep the item. A lot of buyers already know this game.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

I like return shipping with tracking. The customers that buy the wrong thing because they refuse to read, need to return, they look at the cost, and eat their mistake. Cuts down on my problems.
Photobucket
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

until the file an INAD and you eat the return postage

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

It's cumbersome and you may have to go to a central Post OFFICE, not the local outlet, but there has been a system in place for a couple of hundred years.

International Postal Reply Coupons.

http://www.canadapost.ca/cpo/mc/business/productsservices/atoz/irc.jsf

You buy the appropriate value of Coupons at your Post Office. You mail it to the buyer. He takes it to his Post Office and trades it for postage stamps (or labels).

Then he ships the parcel with his own country's postage on it.

The downsides;

It takes time.

The postal clerks at both ends will be baffled by the coupons.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Thank you!

I found information that buyer can print return label from paypal . It's located on Transaction Details page, there is option for Return Shipping Label link. Of course I have to cover charges.

https://www.paypal.com/ca/webapps/helpcenter/helphub/article/?solutionId=FAQ1681&topicID=PAYPAL_SHIP...

Message 9 of 9
latest reply