SALES FOR JUNE ARE ALMOST NONE EXISTENT!

How is everyone's sales for the month of June?

This has been my worst June for sales l have experienced in my 12 year selling history on eBay! 

I expect this in July/August when kids are out of school and holidays start for many people.

June has traditionally been a strong, consistent month for me.  

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

hlmacdon
Community Member
Up 15% over the last half of May so far. Somewhat surprised given the trend in recent months.
Message 2 of 24
latest reply

Good for you.... my May/17 was somewhat consistent with previous years but June has been an absolute disaster and I don't expect July/August to be any better.  

I know June isn't over yet and sales can pick up quickly... so I'll keep my fingers crossed. 

Message 3 of 24
latest reply

Funny, I just received two offers since I initially replied to you.... The eBay Gods must be listening.... lol! 

Message 4 of 24
latest reply

May was my worst month for the last 12 months, I only sold 41.  This month I have already sold 43.   There is no rhyme or reason for selling trends, I'll sell 3 in the matter of 1 hour and then nothing for days.    

Message 5 of 24
latest reply

Mr. Murphy and Anoia , Goddess of Things Stuck in Drawers.

June is not great on this ID, although postage is still strong.Not many sales, but good money.

My bookselling ID is going well as are the IDs I try to remember not to post with.

Message 6 of 24
latest reply

Good for you... I've found selling on eBay to be very consistent over the years.

Since the Canada Post strike last year, my sales have changed somewhat and are now less consistent.  My overall sales numbers are down from previous years. 

People are more stressed out these days and the economy is shaky. An unstable US President isn't helping matters.  

June has always been a good month for me until this year.... future sales are going to be dismal with hot summer days ahead in July/August.

But I expect those months to be slow.....  

On the positive side, my post seems to have triggered a sale tonight! 

Message 7 of 24
latest reply

LOL!!

I'm with you, not many sales but good money....

Marketplace pulse (another on-line selling site that advertises for eBay) had my inventory average at roughly 127.00 USD per item, so I don't need to sell in high volume.

I usually have 20-30 sales a month on average.    

Message 8 of 24
latest reply

June 1996

People are more stressed out these days and the economy is shaky.

June 2002

June 2006

June 2013

June 2017

June 3005BCE

Smiley Very Happy

Message 9 of 24
latest reply

I have had an ongoing issue with sales since the beginning of the year.  For a few weeks each month I have steady sales & then nothing for 1 week.  It is like my items suddenly disappear for buyers to see & then reappear. Very strange.

Message 10 of 24
latest reply

My overall numbers for the year are down from previous years.... **bleep** that shaky economy... LOL! 

Message 11 of 24
latest reply

@silverpinups wrote:

Good for you.... my May/17 was somewhat consistent with previous years but June has been an absolute disaster and I don't expect July/August to be any better.  

I know June isn't over yet and sales can pick up quickly... so I'll keep my fingers crossed. 

I found that March-May were much slower than in years past, hence it was a bit surprising to see an uptick in June. Selling on ebay can feel a bit like prospecting for gold at times.

Message 12 of 24
latest reply

I found that March-May were much slower than in years past, hence it was a bit surprising to see an uptick in June. Selling on ebay can feel a bit like prospecting for gold at times.

I'm down from Jan-May/17 compared to last year. Monthly sales have been un-predictable this year so maybe July/August will be better then I predict... time will tell. 

Message 13 of 24
latest reply

My overall 2017 sales has been pretty meh, but just last week a new buyer bought 4 books from me and 3 more this week and said she'll be buying more in future, so fingers crossed......

I think I'm gonna lose my CAD power seller status before the end of 2017 though.
Message 14 of 24
latest reply

eBay sales have been unpredictable this year... The Trump Effect!

I think I'm gonna lose my CAD power seller status before the end of 2017 though.

You mean your TRS status? Yes, I may lose it also according to eBay's new TRS policy. 

Message 15 of 24
latest reply

@zee-chan wrote:
My overall 2017 sales has been pretty meh, but just last week a new buyer bought 4 books from me and 3 more this week and said she'll be buying more in future, so fingers crossed......

Repeat customers are essential for success on ebay if you tend to sell in consistent categories where it makes sense for a customer to shop with your regularly. I would find it much more difficult selling on here without the consistent repeat buying patterns from returning customers. My top 5 customers represent just over $36,000 in sales between them since 2014. The one thing I've always liked about ebay is a good portion of the buyer base is shopping the site regularly. A lot of things have changed over the years but there is still a bit of that magic left.

Message 16 of 24
latest reply

@silverpinups wrote:

Without veering off into politics, consumer sentiment tends to dip negatively when politicians on all sides are behaving like children. The latest US survey numbers out indicate a large dip in May and June is trending lower. Maybe I should switch to selling prepper gear...

Message 17 of 24
latest reply

@silverpinups wrote:

You mean your TRS status? Yes, I may lose it also according to eBay's new TRS policy. 

Yes, I meant TRS. Having a bad week in real life at the moment I'm probably not as coherent as I wanted to be. 

Anyhow, I have been more or less tuning out of whatever eBay's policy changes are / will be, and am just going to take it as it comes. I probably won't fully quit selling on eBay unless they completely stop giving me free auction / FP listings. I know I won't go for a store, that's for sure, and I don't plan to invest more effort to change... just gonna keep doing what I have been doing. 

Message 18 of 24
latest reply

That's a good philosophy... I never paid any attention to policy changes on eBay until I started participating on these boards about a year and a half ago.

I was completely oblivious to what was going on from year to year and just did my selling thing. In hindsight, this was probably a better place to be... with alot less stress!  

Like you, I will continue to do my selling thing and let the chips fall where they may.

Message 19 of 24
latest reply

two precious sales this june.

Message 20 of 24
latest reply