Sales are taking a beating....views are down and offers..

I have switched over half of my auctions since the notice almost 2 months ago,from us$ to can$$ , and my page views, my watchers are all down substantially, my offers are coming in much fewer than normal..however my canada traffic is still about the same, with the same amount of sales..so why am i not getting the usa hits like normal?? i usually average 3 sales per day, but that has dropped off to less than 1.. and i am averaging year over year,, and comparing month to month as well..i can't help but blame that i am getting less visibility than normal..i don't want to blame it on the dollar change, but really, why am i getting almost zero us buyers.. come on ebay explain it to me..i want my usa buyers to come back,, i was selling 90 items a month now it is less than 65,, for what reason could it be, other than the usa buyers don't want to see a conversion of canada to usa prices..i know this will fall on deaf ears. did the studies you did, also include the usa and what currency they would prefer to buy in .. probably not..

Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Why are people always trying to justify why sales are dropping?  The fact is they are.  My sales for this month is less than $500 out of more than $500,000 worth of listings.  I even have my listings on sale at 10%-20% and even that doesn't help.  My Etsy site is outselliing my eBay listings the second time this year.

Message 21 of 26
latest reply

@mr.elmwood wrote:

Do not blame Americans for not understanding currency exchange, majority of Canadians do not understand it either.

I'm beginning to think eBay doesn't understand this simple concept either. 

Although the "single currency" argument is the one eBay has used to explain the change, it rings completely hollow as a reasonable explanation. 

The fact is that we live in an economic reality that is vastly different from almost every other eBay country.  We have a giant next to us that is our largest trading partner, and the lingua franca of that trade is the US dollar.  How offering Canadian sellers less choice in the currency they list in is better than restricting us to a currency nobody but Canadians is fluent in, escapes me.  

No, I think you may be right -- if eBay HQ wanted like to slowly strangle eBay.ca by attrition, forcing $CDN-only listings would be a very good way to do it.  

Message 22 of 26
latest reply

Pardon me please for the silly errors in the above post.  My dog was bugging me and distracting me, wanting his dinner.  Now he's bugging me to go out.  Back later! 
Message 23 of 26
latest reply

There is absolutely no way Ebay Canada can run itself with the7 or so staff is I think what Raphael said was in Toronto.

Message 24 of 26
latest reply

@dutchman48 wrote:

There is absolutely no way eBay Canada can run itself with the 7 or so staff is I think what Raphael said was in Toronto.

Raphael said there were 20 employees in eBay Canada.

I recently asked in the July 6th weekly session in post 80.

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Weekly-Chat-Session/July-6th-2016-Weekly-Session/td-p/342959/page/2

Here is part of the reply from Post 97.

eBay Canada has about 20 employees in Toronto, covering Product, Large Merchant Development, Deals, Marketing and Analytics, led by Andrea Stairs, Managing Director.

Message 25 of 26
latest reply

ebay just reported GMV up 3% y/y bascially the same, inflation or a bit more, as every quarter since a couple of negative ones in 2008

Message 26 of 26
latest reply