Sales dropped off a cliff on Friday.

I have been selling quite well for July, at least 2 or 3 a day, so far 30 sales up to Thursday July 13.  Now nothing, usually each weekend I would have at least 5 to 6 sales.  It is like ebay turned my lights off.  I'm wondering if other have noticed or is it only me?

Message 1 of 131
latest reply
130 REPLIES 130

I had shown earlier a picture of sales from the .com site.  As I sell on both and since my sales on .ca are low I never was able to check to see how accurate the sales info was.  Well today I made 1 sale on .com for a total ot $15.99 and 3 sales on .ca for a total of $51.50.  

The .com info only refers to sales made on .com, any sales made on .ca will not show.  See:

sales on .jpg

Message 81 of 131
latest reply

Right-o. Seller Hub on eBay.com only counts dotcom-created listings.
Message 82 of 131
latest reply

Update:  July turned out to be a very good month: Sold 69 CD's.  In June only sold 60, which is good.  So even with days of no sales I still did very well.  I like to sell 60 or more then I am doing the happy dance.  So even with my complaining it turned out good. 

Message 83 of 131
latest reply

Good to hear!
Message 84 of 131
latest reply

@jt-libra wrote:

Nowhere on my PayPal account have I ever seen an option to generate reports  Believe me, I've looked at every inch of that site and haven't found anything.  I've heard people talking about their various reports and I assumed that they had paid for a business account..

I checked the email I received from Paypal in July and it stated"

Your business report for July 2017 -  - Gmail

This email was sent to XXXXXXXXX, because your email preferences are set to receive "News and Promotions". Click here to Unsubscribe.
Message 85 of 131
latest reply

News and Promotions. That's good to know. I'm sure I disallowed those.
Message 86 of 131
latest reply

This is strange... I do receive their News and Promotions, but never got those reports... and I've been a member there since the beginning too.Woman Sad

Message 87 of 131
latest reply

Why not unsubscribe then subscribe again, see if that works. 

Message 88 of 131
latest reply

Is that a new avatar you're using? It looks very good.
Message 89 of 131
latest reply

Hi Fem, thanks.  I have been using it since I changed my name to musicyouneed.  

Message 90 of 131
latest reply

You might be aware of this but it worth mentioning again.

If you see an unusual dip in your sale you should investigate your listings visibility.

Here's how easy it is.

Use a VPN (hide your IP address) or TOR browser and DO NOT log in to ebay.,, just browse (Ebay) or do a search for your item...surprise...not there.

If you are logged in to your account you will see all your items.

Your potential buyer sees exactly what you saw using a VPN.

Not only ebay is hiding your listing (temporary) but make you believe that they are not.

TOS allowed them to do it.

Don't believe me...check it out next time you have a dip in the sale.

Cheers!

Pat

Message 91 of 131
latest reply

@patphotog wrote:

If you see an unusual dip in your sale you should investigate your listings visibility.

Here's how easy it is.

Use a VPN (hide your IP address) or TOR browser and DO NOT log in to ebay.,, just browse (Ebay) or do a search for your item...surprise...not there.

Not only ebay is hiding your listing (temporary) but make you believe that they are not.

Cheers!

Pat

This has long been my belief and I was curious to know whether someone other than me could see my listings.  I'm aware that as long as I am logged in, I will see all of my own.

I don't know how to hide my IP address unless you mean remain logged out from either eBay.ca or .com.  Plus I don't know what TOR and TOS mean.

Message 92 of 131
latest reply

TOR is an internet browser like Firefox or Google chrome but with TOR your IP address is hidden from the sites you are going to ie: ebay. Even logged out from ebay.ca or .com your IP address will provide ebay to show your listings as normal...that will include all other computer in your home network. A VPN does hide your IP address as well...add-ons on Google chrome and Firefox are available for free.

in brief;

Your IP address needs to be hidden to view what I'm referring to.

Ebay Terms of Service (TOS) does mention this in a very politically correctness manner but that does not make it right.

Again; if you see a no sale period of 3 to 4 days or more...try this test and you will have your answer.

Message 93 of 131
latest reply

If you come to the Weekly Chat with eBay Canada staff, I'm certain they'd be pleased to offer an explanation.
Message 94 of 131
latest reply

@patphotog wrote:

Here's how easy it is.

Cheers!

Pat

OMG!!  On my media account, I have sold next to nothing for the last three months.  I opened a store, spent weeks refining my listings, removed active content and have sold next to nothing for the last three months.  It's highly unusual and I suspected my listings were not showing.  OR there was still active content, which I was not aware of, and eBay was not showing these listings.

Anyway, I installed TOR (thanks) and searched for 15 of my more popular and recent DVD's and CD's.  Nothing ..... nada .... zip.  They did not show on either .ca or .com.  Then I tried searching by Item No.  Again, nothing!  I'm so upset, I don't even know what to do.

Message 95 of 131
latest reply

Are they ;Ebay Canada staff; available by phone?

most of us are working during those Weekly Chat and Webinar

Message 96 of 131
latest reply

Is in it maddening???

You could try to call them but don't hold your breath.

In my situation it has been 4 days without sale...I usually sell 3 to 4 cds a day.

I just hope that it is temporary but 4 months...is way too long.

Good Luck!

Message 97 of 131
latest reply

@jt-libra wrote:

OMG!!  On my media account, I have sold next to nothing for the last three months.  I opened a store, spent weeks refining my listings, removed active content and have sold next to nothing for the last three months.  It's highly unusual and I suspected my listings were not showing.  OR there was still active content, which I was not aware of, and eBay was not showing these listings.

Anyway, I installed TOR (thanks) and searched for 15 of my more popular and recent DVD's and CD's.  Nothing ..... nada .... zip.  They did not show on either .ca or .com.  Then I tried searching by Item No.  Again, nothing!  I'm so upset, I don't even know what to do.

After I spent forever removing active content from my listings, I ran the scanner and they all came up clear.  Now that I know they're not showing, I ran the scanner again and half of them show that they still have active content.  I've already spent hours upon hours adding the appropriate HTML target to all my llstings ..... I'm not doing it again.  I may have to pay for some software that will do it for me.  I'm so frustrated, I just feel like pulling all my listings and setting fire to all my items.

Message 98 of 131
latest reply

@patphotog wrote:

Are they ;Ebay Canada staff; available by phone?

most of us are working during those Weekly Chat and Webinar

The Weekly Chat thread is normally opened Tuesday night for user questions. Staff joins it Wednesday to answer those questions. This is how conflicting schedules are accommodated. The webinar on Shippo will be recorded and made available afterwards. 

Message 99 of 131
latest reply

So here I am paying for a store and half my listings are not visible.  I barely make enough on that account to pay for my fees.

In good faith, I tried to ensure that all my listings were eBay compliant.  eBay warns you about a myriad of things when you're listing -- duplicates, VERO warnings, boxed vs unboxed items, and on an on.  You'd think that they could give you a warning when you attempt to list and relist items with target errors or active content.  I know there was a deadline and I thought I had complied with it.  Would it kill them to add that issue to their list of warnings !!!!!

Honestly, if I could swear on this forum, you would see every swear word ever used throughout history.

Message 100 of 131
latest reply