Sales have pretty much stopped over the last few days.

January was really good and so was the first week of Feb but after that it is like buyers have disappeared at least for me.  Is it just me or is this the time people are trying to catch up on their Christmas bills.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

I've noticed the same thing this month.  Steady sales the first week.  Then no sales for 6 days.  Finally got another today.  The odd thing is I just listed some new items and relisted some older ones this past week which usually increases sales activity.  Why this is occurring is a mystery to me. 

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

@forester_studios wrote:

I've noticed the same thing this month.  Steady sales the first week.  Then no sales for 6 days.  Finally got another today.  The odd thing is I just listed some new items and relisted some older ones this past week which usually increases sales activity.  Why this is occurring is a mystery to me. 

Sometimes i wonder if im invisable lol,but it depends on the category of the items,new old colectable ect,some months 30+sales i have had months that only sold 10 items,not sure if there is a rhyme or reason,i have put items on auction for crazy low start prices,no results,i relist at best offer and they sell ,for far more than what i expected,but one thing i have found is for every item there is a buyer sometimes it just takes awhile,i have listed in most categories but i find that breweriana,very old cans ,advertizing seems to do very well,popular items are stamps,coins those types of things sell well,another are old toys,the older the better,brand names are the best items to sell.Hard to compete with large corporations that sell new items,like from china free shipping and super cheap ,but that is mostly junk and wait three months if ever to reicieve you item.This is a hobby for me and have a lot of fun on here.Good luck and hope you have better sales,just my opinion

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

How do your February sales compare with February of 2016? February of 2015?

Every month has its own cycle. I noticed today that according to eBay my sales are down 80% from January (which I knew) but up 350% from last year.

I took time during this slow period to check that items in my Unsold List were not actually double listed. In the process I found a dozen items that I had missed relisting during busy January. Put them up last night and two of them sold today.

Down time can be useful.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

I have given up trying to find rhyme or reason for my sales performance trends. When sales grind to a complete halt, it's a good time to re-evaluate certain aspects of one's business model. That's as far as I go with it, I certainly don't subscribe to the 'hidden' listings conspiracy. 

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

It seems like a lot of us are in the same boat!
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Well, no. I had a whole flood of activity on my Buyer Requirements Activity Log from people trying to make purchases but were blocked for having too many unpaid item strikes on their account.

Buyers are out there, trying to buy stuff. At least some buyers, and some stuff. 

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

I'm not sure-- given those Blocks -- they are trying to BUY stuff.

Just trying to GET stuff.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

It is very difficult to compare Feb 2016 and Feb 2017.  There are so many variables, I didn't have a store then, I had less items listed.  There was the US $ in the mix too.  

Last Feb 2016, I sold 43 CDs, so far this month only 18 but have almost double the listings.  Last month Jan 2017, I sold 82, Dec - 69, Nov - 72.   

I was just wondering if others were noticing that it was slow or was it only me.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

IMO there really isn't a lot of value to you in asking us as a broad audience. (comparing my stamp sales to your CD sales doesn't add value as a comparison)

What I do is I watch some comparable "competitors" in my own categories who sell similar stuff to me in a similar style. I just have them all as bookmarks and cycle through them.

Generally when I've had slow days I check their results out and often as not they have had similar slow day experience too.

I suggest finding others selling similar site/style to you and you can easily watch their solds over a given timeframe quite easily....just by converting their 'other items for sale" to "solds" can tell one a lot......
Message 10 of 10
latest reply