Saved by the bots!!!!

Never thought I'd say that!

As a preamble, remember that I'm "medium old" so I was too quick to blame myself here...

Was listing new items, I thought I hit list item, but the screen that was before me was the listing screen that I was working on. So I presumed I had a "medium old" moment on a Friday afternoon and I hit the list item button.

The bots intercepted the fact that in fact I didn't have a medium old moment, another ebay glitch of some sort happened and in fact the first list did happen, and that in fact I had listed the item moments before.

I got the first bot message I've been glad to get:

It looks like there's a problem with this listing.

• It looks like this listing is for an item you already have on eBay: eBay lot name elusive mixture (duplicates, mixed condition) check them out! (99999999999). We don't allow listings for identical items from the same seller to appear on eBay at the same time. If you'd like to list more than one of the same item, create a multi-quantity fixed price listing.

MUCH better than getting zapped for a duplicate listing (however it would also be nice if whatever that glitch was didn't happen)

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Saved by the bots!!!!

Un-zapped!

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Saved by the bots!!!!

I've gotten that error message myself a dozen times. Usually, it's been when I go to Relist a Sold Item that I relisted already. That's the reason I've never understood how a seller could actually get into trouble for having Duplicate listings. Ebay doesn't let you do it!

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Saved by the bots!!!!

nan*55
Community Member

Glad to hear I'm not the only "medium old" person who that has happened too 😉

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Saved by the bots!!!!

Oh it happens.

And all too often it is a Relist of a unique item that has already been sold, shipped, and received positive feedback.

Six months earlier.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Saved by the bots!!!!

Do you mean it happens as part of the phenomena of relistings that ebay creates for items that sellers don't actually have anymore?

Message 6 of 6
latest reply