Send To Paypal Address or Wait To Hear Back

Someone purchased an item but their eBay and Paypal address are different. I emailed the person to confirm their address but have not heard back yet.

Should I send it to the Paypal address or wait to hear back?  I don't want the item to arrive late but I also want to send it to the correct address.

Thanks!

You only fail when you don't try!
Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

"Should I send it to the Paypal address or wait to hear back?"

Wait.  There is nothing to gain in rushing and shipping to the wrong address.

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Thanks pierrelebel.

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

PP  address is the seller protection address.

Photobucket
Message 4 of 14
latest reply

@mr.elmwood wrote:

PP  address is the seller protection address.

Whatcha mean?

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

What MrE means is that you are only protected by PAYPAL if you ship to the PAYPAL address. When I've had this problem and the person fails to respond to the emails, I ship to the PAYPAL payment address....
Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Oh I see.  Thanks for the clarification 🙂

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

You ship to the payment address which is the address that you will see on the email that paypal sent to you to confirm payment. I believe that will be the same address that you see in paypal but I'm not positive about that.

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Check your sales record for this transaction on eBay.

After  much search and evaluation  earlier this month it became apparent that if the buyer specifies a Primary Shipping Address on eBay... that should be the address that shows up on Paypal.

The Primary Shipping Address should be the address in the Sales Record on eBay... my understanding

It is this address indicated on the Sales Record that has to agree with the address on Paypal.

Sometimes the address that shows up on the email received from eBay, indicating a sale has been made, is different....

Many buyers have only one mailing address.

For those with several possible addresses.. ... The Primary Mailing Address must be identified on eBay. and  also becomes the address indicated on Paypal..

The address that shows up on Paypal cannot be changed....

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

I had a buyer with an address  for Ontario presented when an email was received from eBay indicating that there was a sale.

The address in the Sales Record on eBay  and that on Paypal were the same.

They were the same with the same error... Prince George, Ontario

Buyer confirmed ... through eBay messages ...that it should be Prince George, BC.

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

When checking out with PayPal the buyer is asked to confirm their shipping address. They can even change the 'Ship To' address at this point if they choose to do that. For this reason, ship to the PayPal address.

I never even bother checking the eBay address. If the buyer changed the address at checkout they wouldn't match anyway. If it's an incorrect address then that's the buyer's problem, and you'd be covered by PayPal seller protection.

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

"I never even bother checking the eBay address. If the buyer changed the address.... "

At the end of the day, there is only one priority: do what is right for the buyer.

The PayPal protection policy is largely meaningless if the seller ships to the wrong address, the item comes back and it has to be reshipped to the buyer's corrected address.

It would not cross my mind to second guess why there are two different addresses.  Did the buyer move and change his eBay address only?  change the PayPal address only? did the buyer assumed changing one would automatically change the other?

There may be other reasons.

Best to wait until the buyer advises where to ship.

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

If the buyer responded and if the item is expensive, use tracking number mail service to protect yourself.

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

Just wanted to say thank you for all your feedback.  I did get in touch with the buyer and although the correct address was the Paypal address I just didn't feel right shipping it without knowing which one she wanted it sent to.  I did use tracking for this one!

Thanks again...

Message 14 of 14
latest reply