Shipping LetterMail to USA - what is Meter?

Hey Gang,

First Lettermail Sale (oversize) to the USA since the change in Postal prices.

Whats does Meter mean and why is it $2.50?

Ill be sending 2.95 in Stamps to use them up with a small packet label.  What would be the cost If I were to use Light Packet under 100G?

Thanks

Sent from my Ipod Shuffle
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

A ((postage))  meter it what the post office and businessess use to

print postage instead of using stamps.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

You can find the postage meter options that are available in Canada on this page:

http://www.ca.expertmarket.org/postage-meter

If you can save maybe $25/month over regular stamps it might pay for itself on a long contract.

I would look at any other than Pitney-Bowes but I'll admit I'm heavily biased against them.

No matter who you would consider signing a contract with read ALL the fine print, these guys are worse than any of the phone/cable companies.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

@productaxi wrote:

First Lettermail Sale (oversize) to the USA since the change in Postal prices.

Whats does Meter mean and why is it $2.50?

Ill be sending 2.95 in Stamps to use them up with a small packet label.  What would be the cost If I were to use Light Packet under 100G?

Light packet is $3.79 for items up to 150g, so it is more economical than O/S lettermail for items in the 101 gram to 150 gram range.  Paypal now allows printing of Light Packet labels (HS customs code required) for the USA.

Meter is non-stamp postage. Printed using a postage meter, not an economical option for low volume sellers due the cost of renting/owning the meter.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

There are sellers on eBay who will supply mint Canadian postage at below face value.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

There are sellers on eBay who will supply mint Canadian postage at below face value.

Really? Who? Anyone you know who would sell the OP some really nice stamps to use on envelopes and parcels?

Photobucket
Message 6 of 6
latest reply