Shipping calc vs Canada post

I have a larger box and heavy too. 32.5 x 15.5 x 26 inches and 64.4 pounds. Ebay shipping calculator won't accept it but getting a quote from Canadapost.ca  it does.

Any work around for this?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Sometimes the Canada Post calculator will give you a price even though the dimensions for that service aren't correct.

First, you should convert the numbers to metric and then enter them that way. Also, you have to enter length, width, height in that order and it looks like you might have the width and height mixed up.

I did a quick conversion so try entering it as 82cm x 66cm x 39cm

29kg

That should work for expedited parcel Canada, regular parcel and xpresspost. If you use paypal shipping, expedited would be the best value.

The package is too big for both expedited USA and xpresspost USA so you would have to use a courier. I've found that for large packages, a courier can be less expensive. But if the contents are worth more than $200 the buyer might be charged duty and brokerage fees.

Let us know if this works.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Thanks...but when I check the shipping rates it calculates correctly but when I try to list the item:

The volumetric weight of your package exceeds the weight limit for the shipping service you selected. Please check the dimensions of your package. 

That msg pops up.

Odd because I am within the dimension and weight of Canada Posts maximum 
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I'm gonna guess that is because you are not listing on Canada Post, you are listing on eBay.

Try using different dimensions and see what happens. That will tell you something about where the bottle neck is.
Photobucket
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

You're getting that message when you enter the numbers for shipping within Canada? You're using metric?

The volumetric weight for that parcel is 35kg so it is over the weight limit of 30 kg for expedited but I don't see anywhere on the expedited info page where it mentions that it has to meet those specifications according to volume so I'm not sure if that is the problem or not.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

I have that same issue with the Canadian shipping. eBay doesn't care it's an exercise in futility.
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

A few of your listings are not showing shipping for the U.S. or for overseas countries. Which shipping service are you entering in the shipping calculator?

Message 7 of 7
latest reply