Shipping cost cannot be calculated. Please enter a valid Postal Code.

One of my listed items will show the shipping amount if purchasing a single item, but when a quantity greater than two is put in it says "Shipping cost cannot be calculated. Please enter a valid Postal Code."  How can I fix this.

It's also very strange to me because I've had buyers who have purchased more than one of an item before.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

That is very odd and I also noticed that only 1 item at a time can be purchased from that listing.  If I try to put 2 in my cart it will show just 1 in there.  All I can think to suggest is to doublecheck your combined shipping options under account -site preferences-shipping preferences and make sure that there is a 'yes' beside the first sentence..offer combined payments and shipping. Then click on edit and make sure that the discount currency is the $C.  You should have a calculated shipping rule as well -- mine just says to combine all weights.  

Off topic but if I were you I would just quote a price for expedited parcel and leave out regular parcel.  Regular is a little more expensive and may even be a day or so slower so I don't see the point in using it.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

That is very odd and I also noticed that only 1 item at a time can be purchased from that listing.  If I try to put 2 in my cart it will show just 1 in there.  All I can think to suggest is to doublecheck your combined shipping options under account -site preferences-shipping preferences and make sure that there is a 'yes' beside the first sentence..offer combined payments and shipping. Then click on edit and make sure that the discount currency is the $C.  You should have a calculated shipping rule as well -- mine just says to combine all weights.  

Off topic but if I were you I would just quote a price for expedited parcel and leave out regular parcel.  Regular is a little more expensive and may even be a day or so slower so I don't see the point in using it.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Also Regular Parcel offers no insurance unless you buy it whereas $100 value in insurance is included free with Expedited which is another reason it's smarter to use Expedited than Regular to send merchandise within Canada.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

@mjwl2006 wrote:

Also Regular Parcel offers no insurance unless you buy it whereas $100 value in insurance is included free with Expedited which is another reason it's smarter to use Expedited than Regular to send merchandise within Canada.

and Expedited Parcel labels bought online have a delivery time guarantee or money refunded (provided you ask Canada Post for the refund, it's not automatic).  I have 2 refunds this summer for slow delivery. I use the Canada Post website to submit the request, but it can also be done via phone.

-..-
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Double checked my shipping preferences, everything was already set correctly.  It's actually really frustrating because I had a customer who wanted to buy four of them but it will not calculate shipping. I've even deleted the whole listing and made a new one and it still won't work.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

For whatever reason offering only one shipping service fixed my issue.  So, thanks so much! It was driving me crazy.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

We had the item set to metric instead of imperial measurements.  Switching it from metric to imperial fixed the issue.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

zombie topic from 2017

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began I have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 9 of 9
latest reply