Shipping cost for patterns

Dear lebus102909, 

If I buy sweaters for C. P. dolls pattern and the Vogue Kids mag, how much would it cost to ship to Canada? I think $16 for paper mail is too much.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

The seller isn't going to see your question here. To ask a seller a question click on their listing and scroll down about 2/3 of the page. There will be a gray bar that says "Questions and Answers about this item" Under that there is an "ask a question" link...click on that link.

The seller is in the U.S. and uses ebay's global shipping program to  ship international orders so they don't have any control over the international shipping cost. If you want to know the total cost, add each item to your shopping cart to see what the total will be. You can ask the seller if they would be willing to ship direct to Canada using first class mail international which has delivery confirmation but some sellers will not do that.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I sell such patterns and I have seen the high costs from US to Canada. For patterns under 100 grams I charge around $2.45, sometimes magazines are quite heavy, but the shipping would never be over $10, and that would be for more than one.

Check on eBay.ca and see what you can find there.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Magazines are very heavy. Most buyers are surprised when they look up the rates.

Media mail is not an international service, so you are looking at letter or parcel post.

You could check the actual cost (before packaging) by weighing a couple of zines you already have and comparing the cost of shipping at https://www.usps.com/ship/first-class-international.htm

Patterns are lighter, but many American sellers don't understand the Global Shipping Program or the First Class International Shipping service, or borders or pretty well anything outside the lower 48 states. Just be thankful you don't live in someplace really foreign, like Puerto Rico or Hawai'i.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply