Shipping questions

I just want to know if this is the best way to ship these.

1.) Expensive ring with a small box > Expedited Shipping?.

2.) Individual Magazines - 12X9x1.4 inch under 300 grams > Oversized mail (stamps?)

3.) Books - 12X10x11 inch Weight: 24 lbs > Expedited Shipping?.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Shipping questions

1) Depends on value and how much risk you want to take.

For protection against buyer fraud (false Item not received claims), to qualify for PayPal Seller Protection you need to use a shipping service with Delivery Confirmation for under $250 US and Signature Confirmation for over $250. ($250 US breakpoint depends on which eBay/PayPal site you use as seller and what the the buyer uses).

2) Too thick for Lettermail/Light Packet. Limit is 0.78 inches thick.

3) Options are limited and expensive for that weight.

Options and prices vary depending on where you are shipping so use the Canada Post Shipping Calculator to see what options you can use

http://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/far/business/findARate?execution=e1s1

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Shipping questions

1) or tracked packet, depends on value.

2) Depends where it is going to

3) 11 kilos of books? Really?
Photobucket
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Shipping questions

1) Depends on value and how much risk you want to take.

For protection against buyer fraud (false Item not received claims), to qualify for PayPal Seller Protection you need to use a shipping service with Delivery Confirmation for under $250 US and Signature Confirmation for over $250. ($250 US breakpoint depends on which eBay/PayPal site you use as seller and what the the buyer uses).

2) Too thick for Lettermail/Light Packet. Limit is 0.78 inches thick.

3) Options are limited and expensive for that weight.

Options and prices vary depending on where you are shipping so use the Canada Post Shipping Calculator to see what options you can use

http://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/far/business/findARate?execution=e1s1

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Shipping questions

1.) Yes I definitely need paypal protection for this one. Signature and Insurance. I think I understand it now.

2.) Sorry I wrote the number wrong. 1/4 inch is the thickness. You answered my question though. I just needed
to know if I could use stamps or I need to send it as a parcel.

3.) Awesome. The amount is about $30.

Thanks man!.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Shipping questions

For #3 also check out the cost of a shipping company. We had a hoard (as in Hoarding Buried Alive) delivered to Ottawa from Central BC for $1.oo a pound. 1400 pounds of stamps and collateral material.

Or check out Greyhound/Voyageur. They hit every town in Canada that has a road. The buyer has to pick up at the station usually, but the prices are pretty good.

And the buyer has to sign for the parcel.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply