Shipping to B.C.?

What is going on with lettermail to B.C.? I now have the 5th buyer over a 2 month period not getting the item within 2 weeks, In fact I had one guy have the item arrive a month and a half later. Read a story there are problems with a new CP facility in Richmond? Anybody else? How can I refuse buyers from that province? Cause this is getting stupid. I'm not eating the cost of Expedited for 10 to 30 dollar items.

Message 1 of 31
latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

Shipping to B.C.?

Not sure why there is a problem with your mail to BC.

I mail to BC regularly and have not noticed any unusual delays.

Message 2 of 31
latest reply

Shipping to B.C.?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes there is problems at the new facility in Richmond.  All my packages arrived there, more than 1-2 weeks, past the on-time guarantee.

It is going to become more expensive for this facility because I have filed a claim for late delivery and total is nearly $500.00 in 2 months!!  

So anyone of you going to ship to BC, use XpressPost and it will arrive late and you can file a claim for late delivery!

Message 3 of 31
latest reply

Shipping to B.C.?

I've sent a couple of items there recently and haven't had a problem.

Message 4 of 31
latest reply

Shipping to B.C.?

I live in BC and I have been getting my mails without problem in May and June. My latest SAL parcel from Japan arrived exactly in 10 days and that's pretty good. As for local mails (from same region) from work etc I get them in 1-2 days. 

I did experience slowness back in February to April, though. Had SAL parcels that took nearly a month (usually 1-2 weeks) and surface parcels that took over 2 months (usually 4-5 weeks) but when May came everything was back to normal.

Message 5 of 31
latest reply

Shipping to B.C.?

So anyone of you going to ship to BC, use XpressPost and it will arrive late and you can file a claim for late delivery!

Expedited has a guaranteed delivery as well so why don't you use that?

Anyway...I don't think that it is a reasonable solution for the OP to go from using lettermail to Xpresspost or Expedited in the hopes that they recoup the money later on.

Message 6 of 31
latest reply

Shipping to B.C.?

I have a shipment that should have arrived to me in B.C. Last entry was on the 7th. I dont know if it is BC or just Canadapost.

Message 7 of 31
latest reply

Shipping to B.C.?

And of course it didn't arrive. So I will refund. Then hope the buyer is honest and will re issue payment when it finally gets there. Should be sometime in August. < sarcasm

Message 8 of 31
latest reply

Shipping to B.C.?

My mail is sporadic since they changed the delivery times. I never know when I will get any. I seem to get it twice a week now. I even look forward to junk mail. 

Message 9 of 31
latest reply

Shipping to B.C.?

Bumping this back up because GUESS WHAT? Multiple buyers now sending e-mails, items were shipped oversize letter late October. Anybody else? Ontario to B.C. having issues like this? And no I can't charge expedited, the stuff isn't worth cost of shipping half the time.

Message 10 of 31
latest reply

Shipping to B.C.?

Where are you depositing your mail? In a street box or at a post office (or franchise like Shopper Drug)?

I don't even need to use one hand to count the number of lost or delayed lettermail items I've sent in the past 30+ years. If you are having ongoing issues it might be the location where you are depositing the mail.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 11 of 31
latest reply

Shipping to B.C.?

I used to think that but everything for the last few months is Post Office. Not an outlet.

And everybody always gets the stuff fast. Except B.C.

Message 12 of 31
latest reply

Shipping to B.C.?

We've got a double redirect going (house to store in Ottawa then store to new house in Victoria) without any slowdowns.

I'd still change my shipping location for a few weeks just for a trial.

Message 13 of 31
latest reply

Shipping to B.C.?

Tracked parcels that used to go through Richmond BC...

and on the the west cost of the US....

have recently being going through Toronto.

An example... Winnipeg to Toronto and then to Seattle

Message 14 of 31
latest reply

Shipping to B.C.?

Yes Whitestar, I have had that very same problem with shipping to B.C. All of my parcels are always late, and the tracking doesn't update for a long period of time, and then it suddenly appears on the radar very late, I can ship to Europe faster in almost all cases. I would love to know what happens to them from Quebec to B.C.!
Message 15 of 31
latest reply

Shipping to B.C.?

So glad it's not just me. One arrived today, 3 weeks it took. I only ship within Canada now (cause I thought there'd be less hassles) but I did ship to the UK way back when. I remember mailing a VHS tape small packet air on a Friday. Buyer got it Monday.

Message 16 of 31
latest reply

Shipping to B.C.?

"I only ship within Canada now (cause I thought there'd be less hassles)"

That is not a bad idea if it works for you.

Considering you list on eBay.ca, you offer free shipping within Canada and your listings are quite correctly listed in Cdn$ for the Canadian market,  may I suggest you also include shipping to the USA in your listings and add a $10 shipping charge for the USA..

Results: you will not sell anything to the USA but it will increase your sales within Canada as your items will then be seen on eBay.com where many Canadians shop (not all Canadians shop on eBay.ca).

An easy way to increase your market at no cost to you.

Message 17 of 31
latest reply

Shipping to B.C.?

PS - Even if you were to get a sale or two to the USA, you would not pay any FVF on the extra shipping charge since your domestic shipping is free. Smiley Happy

WIN -WIN - WIN.

Message 18 of 31
latest reply

Shipping to B.C.?

I may have to start doing it with some items. The Hot Wheels in particular. They're real big down there.

I forgot to add that UK buyer got her tape about a week and a half before I got my money order from Bidpay. Remember good old Bidpay?

Message 19 of 31
latest reply

Shipping to B.C.?

"Remember good old Bidpay?"

Sure do.

Two guys starting that business in the late 1990's, under license from Western Union, in their basement.  Grew very quickly.

Honest guys. Never had a problem with them.

Unfortunately eBay decided they would rather have buyers use PayPal so they can get an additional share (2.9%+) of the action.

Same old story: money, money, more money!

Message 20 of 31
latest reply