Shipping to B.C.?

What is going on with lettermail to B.C.? I now have the 5th buyer over a 2 month period not getting the item within 2 weeks, In fact I had one guy have the item arrive a month and a half later. Read a story there are problems with a new CP facility in Richmond? Anybody else? How can I refuse buyers from that province? Cause this is getting stupid. I'm not eating the cost of Expedited for 10 to 30 dollar items.

Message 1 of 31
latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

Shipping to B.C.?

@whitestar*entertainment wrote:

Bumping this back up because GUESS WHAT? Multiple buyers now sending e-mails, items were shipped oversize letter late October. Anybody else? Ontario to B.C. having issues like this? And no I can't charge expedited, the stuff isn't worth cost of shipping half the time.

Early this year, a new mail sorting facility opened in BC to handle the mail. Here is the Canada Post announcement. This was mentioned in a post by honeybed1950 at the start of the topic back in June.

http://www.canadapost.ca/cpo/mc/business/productsservices/canada_post_facility.jsf

The postal union says there are major delays with the new facility in a CBC report on April 15, 2014.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/canada-post-richmond-plant-causing-major-mail-delays-...

Here is a recent article on the new facility about the official opening of the facility in September 2014.

http://www.vancouversun.com/business/Canada+Post+Richmond+mail+processing+plant+sorts+letters+hour+w...

No mention of any recent delays in the new facility while I was doing an Internet search on the new facility.

Message 21 of 31
latest reply

Shipping to B.C.?

Now the buyer is requesting refund. Which is fine, except he is requesting I refund a different Paypal e-mail address. Thoughts?

Message 22 of 31
latest reply

Shipping to B.C.?

"refund a different Paypal e-mail address. Thoughts?"

You should advise the buyer that PayPal does not allow refund to a different email address.

Message 23 of 31
latest reply

Shipping to B.C.?

Advise through the user id that made the purchase or the user id that made the request?

Message 24 of 31
latest reply

Shipping to B.C.?

Refund must be made to email address used on PayPal for payment (eBay user id is irrelevant as a PayPal account may have up to eight eBay User ID).

When you go to PayPal and use the refund link for a transaction - it is sent specifically to the email address used by buyer to make payment and eBay transaction number..

Message 25 of 31
latest reply

Shipping to B.C.?

I just received 2 not received from BC both were mailed on the 15th November but one was mailed on the 22nd of November and buyer received it day's ago ?

Message 26 of 31
latest reply

Shipping to B.C.?

I agree with you 100%

Message 27 of 31
latest reply

Shipping to B.C.?

Greed greed greed greedbay oops lol

Message 28 of 31
latest reply

Shipping to B.C.?

Sorry for dragging up an old post. But this exact situation is happening to me right now. I have 3 buyers in the past month all from BC that have claimed non delivery of my items. I found it very odd that they were are in the same province, so when I goggled the problem I came upon this post.

Anyways, I was wondering if any other sellers are having problems sending O/S LetterMail to BC or out west in general ???

I have refunded 2 buyers already and the 3rd will probably be refunded as well.
This is really hurting my small DVD selling business.

A 4th buyer from BC I am sending Expedited with tracking at my own expense to see if that gets delivered. Fingers crossed.

Thanks for any help.
Message 29 of 31
latest reply

Shipping to B.C.?

ZOMBIE THREAD FROM 2014.

The problem with zombie threads is that the information in the them is often

out of date and incorrect.

While starting your own thread will be more useful, I wonder if your customers are in the Vancouver area?

They have had a plague of some sort of white stuff hitting them every so often this winter.

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/metro-vancouver-digs-itself-out-enjoys-february-snowfall-1.3817883

The rest of us are having  pretty normal winter. The plum trees are blossoming here in Victoria.

However, if this is an ongoing problem perhaps your best bet is to cover yourself.

Have you heard the Good News about Cookie Jar Insurance?

Basically this means that  you add a small amount, rarely more than a dime, to every asking price, and put those pennies in a virtual Cookie Jar, if you have a problem transaction you can use those virtual pennies to refund your customer, or pay return shipping, without having to deal with Disputes and Claims.

And most sellers report that they actually make money on Cookie Jar Insurance, just like a real insurance company.

Blessed-Canister-Small-root-1MJB4229_MJB4229_1470_1.jpg_Source_Image.jpg

Message 30 of 31
latest reply

Shipping to B.C.?

Is there any commonality between the INRs other than destination? 

Message 31 of 31
latest reply