ShippingServiceCost Capped on eBay.com ?

What does ShippingServiceCost Capped on eBay.com  mean?

Message 1 of 30
latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

That is in certain categories where those on dot com are listing. It has to do with media rate, etc. Those rates do not exist in Canada.

You are looking at listing on dot com for a shipping rate capped item. List on dot ca where the cap does not exist.
Photobucket
Message 2 of 30
latest reply

Please tell me what they will mean by capped item. For me that mean amazed item  or surprised item. And it has no sense

Message 3 of 30
latest reply

"capped" means that sellers are limited to charge a maximum amount for shipping.

Take a good look at: http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/maximum_shipping.html

Message 4 of 30
latest reply

International sellers

International sellers listing directly on eBay.com in the U.S. are also required to specify a shipping cost less than or equal to the maximum shipping cost on their first flat rate US shipping cost.

Message 5 of 30
latest reply

An alternative to the ...capped value...  is to use Calculated shipping....  which applies to USPS.....  for US sellers...

Canadian sellers should list on eBay Canada and specify shipping based on Canada Post... with no cap required.

Message 6 of 30
latest reply

Is there a simple way to "move" our listings from .com to .ca, for example when I go to relist my items?
Message 7 of 30
latest reply

And yet it appears I might already be listing on ebay canada, based on the url? For example: http://bulksell.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? {rest of url deleted}
Message 8 of 30
latest reply

" a simple way to "move" our listings from .com to .ca, "

No.

Listings cannot be moved from one site to another.

Your listings were listed on eBay.ca.  They are also shown on eBay.com since:

1) your listings show you ship to the USA

2) you have provided a shipping service and shipping price to USA.

How do I know they were listed on eBay.ca?  Because they offer Canada Post services.  Items listed on eBay.com do not as eBay.com does not offer Canada Post as a shipping option! Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 30
latest reply

Thanks for quick reply. I've checked a lisitng of mine, and not only am I listing on .ca, but my shipping costs are quoted using Canada Post services. Aren't those the two criteria required to avoid this capping warning message when I try to bulk re-list?
Message 10 of 30
latest reply

Sorry... what I'm trying to say is that I'm using Canada Post, listing on .ca, and I still get the warning message about capped shipping when I try to bulk relist.
Message 11 of 30
latest reply

The only criteria is that you list on .ca

I'm not sure why you would be getting a warning message. Is it just a warning/reminder or is it actually stopping you from relisting?

If it's the second one, there must be some sort of new glitch as I haven't heard of this happening before.

Message 12 of 30
latest reply

Thanks for your reply. I am not stopped from listing. The warning message is produced at the top of the bulk relising page.
Message 13 of 30
latest reply

Are there some .com listings in there?

Photobucket
Message 14 of 30
latest reply

As far as I'm aware, they are all .ca listings.
Message 15 of 30
latest reply

@murrayw211 wrote:
Thanks for your reply. I am not stopped from listing. The warning message is produced at the top of the bulk relising page.

Perhaps it is a standard message for that category or maybe they are just letting you know that you may be charging more than .com sellers. I don't really know but I wouldn't worry about it.

Message 16 of 30
latest reply

OK, will hope for the best.
Message 17 of 30
latest reply

My listings are for books...  Books are capped on eBay.com.

and.. that message shows up with every listing. prepared and uploaded to eBay.

Capped shipping showed up on eBay.com in the fall of 2008.

Forced to move about 1250 listings from eBay.com to eBay.ca

Everything, since 2008, has been very easy with shipping quoted for Canada Post  without any adjustment for eBay.com.

Some new Canadian sellers who list on eBay.com  forget that....  domestic on eBay.com is shipping to the US

Message 18 of 30
latest reply

I'm a new seller myself, and I only use ebay.ca, and I have received this warning as well.

Again, as a Canadian, I choose Canada post options for shipping.

I also am selling books - well old text books, and some certification guides.

I'm not a "Store" in the traditional sense, I just found myself looking at my home office and started to think it was time to de-clutter, and figured I recoup a bit of the value of the items if I sold them on ebay (virtual garage sale if you wish). I'm still figuring all this stuff out.

I just wished that the error message or warning would be more descriptive, or give you a link as to a resource you can read to try to resolve the problem.

Message 19 of 30
latest reply

and I still get the warning message about capped shipping when I try to bulk relist.

Yes.

It tells the International seller that his competitors on eBaydotCOM may have lower shipping rates listed.

This is actually not necessarily true, since the dotCOM seller who is able to use USPS media mail, is also able to use Calculated Shipping for more precise shipping costs. He's not required to ship the Encylopaedia Britannica for $3.99.

If your books are under 2cm thick and500 grams in weight, you can ship them by LetterPost/LightPacket.

While these are not tracked, they can be inexpensive enough that Free Shipping becomes a possibility.

Free Shipping is very very popular with buyers.

Don't panic.

Free Shipping just means that the seller has included the cost of shipping in the asking price for the item.

Which is cheapest?

$5 book with $10 shipping?

$10 book with $5 shipping?

$15 book with $10 shipping?

Message 20 of 30
latest reply