Should I care about low DSR's?

I would say that 99.9% of my buyers are excellent plus.  Give good feedback and don't try to stab me in the back with the DSR's. But over the last 3 months I have had 3 buyers give low rating for each star. 

Last month I had 1 buyer from Hong Kong leave me; a 3 in Item as described, a 3 in communication; 3 in shipping time and a 4 in S&H.   His feedback was 'Excellent Thanks".  He purchased it on Sept 14, I shipped the same day and he left feedback Sept 27, 10 working days from Canada to Hong Kong.  I charged him 6.61 Cdn shipping and it cost $7.50 Cdn plus .50 cents for the envelope.  Because I got a defect, I contacted him as I wanted to know what wasn't as described.  He said I was very good, that he will check ebay.  Ya Right!

The second buyer from France, he gave me a 4 in item as described, 4 in shipping time and a 3 in S& H.  This guys feed back to me was "Perfect!!!!"

This really bugs me.  If there is something wrong, then tell me, send me an email.  Don't just try and hid behind the somewhat anonymous DSR's.  I am blocking both of them. 

Now from what I understand for the fall update, DSR's will not count in the future as defects so why even show them?  Should I be concerned?  I remember a time where sellers had low DSR's and they were booted from ebay.  Now I am not anywhere near that but sometimes you just need a couple of bad incidents and your DSR's could drag you down.  

Would you do anything else?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Big reason for discontinuing the importance of DSR's was that customers did not understand them. There is nothing wrong with what you are doing, it was the way the system is set up.

There are a lot of people who do not believe in giving out perfect scores as there is no such thing as perfect.

Conduct yourself to the highest standards and ignore the "noise", I do. Spend any time listening and it becomes over whelming, diverting your attention from your goal of running a profitable business.

The major theme at eBay 20th was re-focusing back on the seller. Giving the seller more support to do a better job. Moving in the direction of positive re-inforcement as their attempt at negative re-inforcement failed badly. They know this. They pretty much said that.

I have never, not ever, looked at my DSR's. Why? Not a darn thing I can do after the fact. I focus forward, only.

Photobucket
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

In some cases there is something that you can do after the fact when the Dsr caused a defect.  In some cases, if the seller had not been able to have the defect removed, they would have lost trs. As you said, things will be changing soon although I might still try to get a defect taken off now....it depends on the circumstances.

in the op's case, the low numbers will not affect them other than the 3 for description. The other numbers they mentioned really don't matter. It might be a little irritating but ultimately, there's no point in letting it bother them.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

So I just got off the phone with ebay and because both the feedback and message from buyer contradict the 3 rating for as described, they will remove the defect.  The CSR explained that buyers really don't understand the DSR ratings and how they can affect a seller.  

Message 4 of 4
latest reply