Spain address

Sorry if this is a silly question... What does "nº9" refer to in an address to Spain? Is there a way to write that in plain English alphabets without using the symbol? 

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Spain address

tobyshitzu
Community Member

number 9, the house number

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Spain address

Or you could use #.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Spain address

Why not use it as it is given that IS the correct way?

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Spain address

There have been several times when an address was viewed as "unusual"

Each of us has a specific understanding of how an address should be displayed.

What has been learned is that the address can differ by country, by city within a country  or even a district within a city.

Addresses have been verified using Mapquest.

http://www.mapquest.ca/

The main searches have been within North America.....  and a few times elsewhere.

Then there are street views... such as ...

http://www.gosur.com/map/?gclid=CP_Kld24t8YCFUQ8gQod0mMIlw&z=16&ll=49.785393,-97.156305&t=hybrid&lan...

There are other searches  ... White pages....  a telephone book approach

When it comes to an address.... present it exactly as indicated by the buyer.

Sometimes I have found subtle mistakes... and notified the buyer 

----------------------------------------

A parcel was once sent to Hong Kong....  with an English address, as well as the address indicated in Chinese

The Chinese address was printed exactly as indicated by the buyer.

------------------------------------------

Then shipping to Moscow....  I only had the English address....  but  did "translate it into Russian....... The Russian language is very similar to Ukrainian... both use the Cyrillic alphabet... with subtle differences in spelling...

My rule.... Always accept the buyer's format for an address....... and if there is a question check, check , and check.....

There are many  ways to find someone,  check an address   or anything else on the internet.... Nothing CANNOT be found if one knows where to look

I have had many a unique experience where I have found myself on the street looking at the house, or other type of residence, where  my buyer lives....

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Spain address

To find the official address formats for all counties as approved by the Universal Postal Union:

http://www.upu.int/en/activities/addressing/postal-addressing-systems-in-member-countries.html

Select the country from the dropdown (Addressing area) and click "display".

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Spain address

I tried switching the nº9 to #9 on google map and I can see some sort of building. When I google-mapped the address with nº9 it didn't return any result... but the thing is #9 returned result on a whole three-story *building* lol. (I clicked nearby buildings and it says #8, #7 etc). I guess they can identify who the parcel belongs to by the buyer's name then? Or who knows, he or she might own the whole building. Smiley LOL The parcel will be shipped with the buyer's phone number on it so hopefully it helps. I've messaged the buyer and asked if I could use #9 instead but so far no response. 

I couldn't use nº9 because my supplier (that processes the shipping) doesn't accept addresses with special symbols. I guess it has to do with how special symbols could get jumbled up on online form submissions. If I'm shipping from my end then yes, I'd have written the address as given by the buyer.

Thank you all and Happy Canada Day Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Spain address

Not that it really matters but as far as I know "#" isn't (technically) allowed in an address by any country.

Of course "not allowed" just means can't be read by machine, a human can and does deal with these situations which may not even apply to packages as they would with letters which are almost always sorted by machine.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply