Stamp question for Pierre or other stamp enthusiasts....

I purchased a  large amount of stamps for postage. These 2 stamps look a lot like a "P" stamp but have no $IMG_2731.JPG amount on them. They aren't a peel and stick like the P stamps are. How do I know what the stamp is worth so that I can use it for postage? I'm assuming its not a valuable stamp but would like to be able to use it at least.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Sigh hit send too soon. 43c each.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

When issued on May 1st, 1995 to commemorate the 30th anniversary of the Canadian Flag, these non-denominated stamps were sold for $0.43 each representing the cost of mailing a letter (under 30g) within Canada.

A few days later, May 5th, booklets containing ten stamps illustrating the Fortress of Louisbourg in Nova Scotia (five different designs) were also issued without a denomination and were valid for mailing a letter under 30g within Canada.  The booklets of ten stamps sold for $4.30 ($0.43 per stamp)

How much are these stamps worth today for postage use purpose?

Two different answers given by Canada Post (it depends who you talk to):

1) $0.43, the original cost

2) whatever the cost of mailing a first class letter (under 30g) within Canada (exactly like a "P" stamp) currently $0.85

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Hi!  The face value of these is 43c.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Sigh hit send too soon. 43c each.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

When issued on May 1st, 1995 to commemorate the 30th anniversary of the Canadian Flag, these non-denominated stamps were sold for $0.43 each representing the cost of mailing a letter (under 30g) within Canada.

A few days later, May 5th, booklets containing ten stamps illustrating the Fortress of Louisbourg in Nova Scotia (five different designs) were also issued without a denomination and were valid for mailing a letter under 30g within Canada.  The booklets of ten stamps sold for $4.30 ($0.43 per stamp)

How much are these stamps worth today for postage use purpose?

Two different answers given by Canada Post (it depends who you talk to):

1) $0.43, the original cost

2) whatever the cost of mailing a first class letter (under 30g) within Canada (exactly like a "P" stamp) currently $0.85

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Thank you ric and pierre, I'll use them as 43 cent stamps.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply