System doesn't accepts listing for "BURZUM - THE WAYS OF YORE" 2LP!

c200sc
Community Member

Hello,

Im trying to list "BURZUM - THE WAYS OF YORE" 2LP but system doesn't accept it! Man Sad

A message appeared that says:

"Attention Sellers: Attention Seller: eBay?s Offensive Material Policy prohibits items and listing content associated with groups that may promote hatred, violence or intolerance. Based on references to particular organizations in your listing, we have determined this listing likely violates our policy. If the item itself is not affiliated with a particular organization, you may relist without referencing that group?s name. Thanks for your attention to this matter. {e45495-814634x}"

Anyway, i discovered that the problem is the word "BURZUM". I really cant understand why Ebay has a problem with this group. Please note that this is BURZUM's 12th album and as you can understand a lot of listings that contain group's name are currently active on various Ebay's sites (ebay.com, ebay.co.uk, ebay.fr, etc).

I mean if BURZUM is a "group that promote hatred, violence or intolerance" why the rest of their releases are still active?

Also please note that a lot of listings (vinyl and/or CD version) that have exactly the same title (BURZUM - THE WAYS OF YORE) are active all around Ebay this moment.

Hope someone from Ebay's stuff will give me a prompt reply.

Thanks in advance for your time.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ecgt
Community Member

Burzum was banned on eBay in August after the French government banned the group from playing in the country due to Varg Vikernes' "history of violence." NME and a variety of other news organizations covered this story during the first week of August.

Here is a weblink:

http://www.nme.com/news/various-artists/79004

eBay does this from time to time as part of its offensive materials policy. This is similar to the Neca Django Unchained toy fiasco from January, 2013.

I suspect that within a month or two you will not be able to find Burzum stuff on eBay at all.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

eBay staffers do not monitor these discussion boards.

You should contact raphael@ebay.com by email.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I will.

Thank you pierrelebel. 🙂

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Burzum. Well, that caused me to do some reading. Interesting that the rights of one out number the rights of many.

Photobucket
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

ecgt
Community Member

Burzum was banned on eBay in August after the French government banned the group from playing in the country due to Varg Vikernes' "history of violence." NME and a variety of other news organizations covered this story during the first week of August.

Here is a weblink:

http://www.nme.com/news/various-artists/79004

eBay does this from time to time as part of its offensive materials policy. This is similar to the Neca Django Unchained toy fiasco from January, 2013.

I suspect that within a month or two you will not be able to find Burzum stuff on eBay at all.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Good points.

If I may add. Perhaps they are starting with blocking new listings, as they can. They they will start looking for listing to cancel.

It's not like pushing a button. There are hundreds of millions of listings coming and going. The computers do have other work to do as well.

OP, I understand you are retailer. A retailer does not like sitting on stock due to the whims of others. I would not test this by re-listing. Ecgt knows all about that.

Photobucket
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Ok, now its clear.

Thank you very much!

Message 7 of 7
latest reply