TRACK YOUR PACKAGE AROUND THE WORLD.

I thought this was very interesting site. Track the package you sold around the world at postoffice.com. 

Has anyone had any success using it?

http://www.postoffice.com/

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

have never used this particular one, but have tried using the occasional postal tracking system from other countries with very little success. The bottom line is that the tracking systems will only work if correct valid tracking numbers are used, and the scanning of tracking packages is updated on a regular basis. Have found that many tracking numbers that are used are either incorrect, invalid &/or fake.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

And of course the problem of slow uploads of information as it passes from one postal system (and its computer platform) to another.

Then there is the 'tracking number' that isn't. Like the numbers on Canada Post Light Packet or Small Packet which are really just  internal bookkeeping numbers.

Still, those numbers do give the buyer reassurance that the item has (probably) been sent. Probably.

However,  tracking is only useful to the buyer for the warm fuzzies.

Tracking is a Seller Protection.

If the purchase is late or never arrives, the buyer gets a full refund from eBay /Paypal if the seller cannot prove delivery. And that's Delivery not shipping.

Nonetheless, the website may prove useful to some worried buyers. Thank you for finding it.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Sometimes Canada Post Tracking doesn't have current updates and the tracking info seems to "stall" so I will use the Countries Postal site to see if there are more current updates. 

I've had some success with the UK site... otherwise there's a language barrier issue here, unless you speak the language and I don't see a translate option to convert to English.   

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

The Russian one works good, however one has to take the russian updates and use google translate or whatever to see what it's actually saying... everything is in Russian but it is easy to see where to put the tracking number...
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

How does it work? What does it cost? Will ebay and paypal accept it as proof of delivery?

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Hi Widg, not sure if you are asking me - the Russian one is just the Russian post office. I just put in the Canada post one and it returns updates although in Russian.

So far I've never had to follow up with respect to proof of delivery, I've just asked the buyer to check their own site instead of the Canadian one and that has worked...

And there's no cost to use the Russian post office site...
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

I usually use this one:

http://track-trace.com/

It will save the tracking numbers you enter so you can go back and look them up later without having to re-enter the numbers, searches for the originating postal service and then you can switch to the destination postal service.

Also does FedEx, UPS, major trucking companies and sea/air cargo.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

i'm using trackitonline.org

sometimes it helps me to track registered items incoming to Canada.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply