TRS

I have managed to keep my TRS on .ca    If I list on .com and ship without tracking could it make a difference to my TRS discount?

The older I get the more I am getting confused!!!!:  

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: TRS

You and me, both.   🙂   

It is more difficult for sellers to have TRS on dotCOM because the US eBay is much more obsessive about tracking.  We don't have cheap tracking with Canada post, not like they do with USPS, so not many Canadian sellers have TRS on dot COM but still keep their TRS on dotCA and just list on dotCOM.

This here is the American policy page for it if you like long reads.  There are a couple people here who will be along shortly and magnificently sum up the entire situation in 2 or 3 sentences for you.  

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/top-rated.html#what

Message 2 of 19
latest reply

Thanks.  Getting old sucks!!!

Silly question - I am assuming then that you don't get the TRS discount for items sold on .com.

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

If you are based on eBay.ca and sell on eBay.com you still get your TRS discount (as long as you meet the TRS selling requirements).

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

I only sell on .COM

I'm a TRS however:

I've always had my TRS logo on .CA

I do not have my TRS logo on .COM (because I have 2 day handling time and don't track 80% of my items)

Message 5 of 19
latest reply

I also have TRS on eBay.com but no TRS Logo. I have 3-5 day handling time but ship all my packages to the USA with a Tracking Number.

They send me messages about receiving TRS Plus by changing to a 1 day handling time (which I won't do, I don't need the headaches). 

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

I really doubt many buyers are aware of the TRS logo, so it is not really important.

What is useful is the TRS discount.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8P80A8vy9I

Message 7 of 19
latest reply

Yep silverp that's also why I went with 2 day handling. 

Monday, Wednesday, Friday are my normal shipping days, which is bad enough....it also happened to be how I was naturally shipping before they cared, so I stuck with it....

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

Well all American Sellers that qualify for TRS have the Logo on their sites so I don't know why Canadian Sellers can't have the logo on eBay.com. 

But your right it's the discount that's important to me. 

Love the Cabaret number... the multi-talented Liza M!

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

@silverpinups wrote:

Well all American Sellers that qualify for TRS have the Logo on their sites so I don't know why Canadian Sellers can't have the logo on eBay.com.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/top-rated.html

US sellers who meet Top Rated Seller requirements based on global performance standards receive the TRS badge on other eBay sites. But are not eligible for TRS fee discounts offered by other eBay sites.

"Only sellers who reside in the US or Canada are eligible for the 20% final value fee discount on eBay.com and eBay Motors listings."  So Canadian sellers (unlike the rest of the world) get the 20% discount if they are TRS qualified (globally or USA) for their listings on eBay.com.

-..-

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

I just want to note that it's become very unusual to see the U.S. sellers displaying the TRS badge.   In fact, in my category it's so unusual that it always gets my attention when it's displayed.  (Not necessarily a good thing.  Just noticeable.)

That would seem to indicate that most American sellers have not been able to meet current TRS requirements.

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

@sylviebee wrote:

I just want to note that it's become very unusual to see the U.S. sellers displaying the TRS badge.   In fact, in my category it's so unusual that it always gets my attention when it's displayed.  (Not necessarily a good thing.  Just noticeable.)

That would seem to indicate that most American sellers have not been able to meet current TRS requirements.

Displaying it where? You will only see the TRS logo on the sellers feedback page. You may see the TRS Plus logo on the listing pages IF the seller is TRS AND offers 1 day handling.

There are millions of TRS sellers, some offer 1 day handling and some don't. If they don't offer 1 day they don't get the discount and they don't get a badge on their listing pages.

Now please don't tell the American eBay sellers that Canadian sellers can get the discount even with an extended handling time.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 12 of 19
latest reply

There are millions of TRS sellers, some offer 1 day handling and some don't. If they don't offer 1 day they don't get the discount and they don't get a badge on their listing pages.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but 1 day handling time is for TRS "plus" designation. I sell only on eBay.com with a 3-5 day handling time and receive the TRS discount.

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

I've been changing my handling time from 1 to 3 days because 1 was a little bit of nuisance now and then.

I list on .com..

It never occurred to me this might have an effect on TRS status in any way.

Does it change anything if a seller used a 1 day handling time as opposed to longer periods of time?

(recped, I didn't know that. TY)

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

Does it change anything if a seller used a 1 day handling time as opposed to longer periods of time?

No, I don't think it changes anything. Like I said I have 3-5 day handling time and I have TRS status. I believe 1 day handling time is one of the requirements for TRS "plus" status.    

Message 15 of 19
latest reply

@silverpinups wrote:

No, I don't think it changes anything. Like I said I have 3-5 day handling time and I have TRS status. I believe 1 day handling time is one of the requirements for TRS "plus" status.    

What are the benefits to having TRS plus status as opposed to TRS status for a Canadian listing on .com?

Message 16 of 19
latest reply

Here is the info I found on eBay.com...

http://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/new-business-seller/cs-best-practices.html

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/top-rated.html#what

Now, I briefly read through some it and I didn't see any "extra" benefits above TRS.

I believe that US Sellers can only have TRS "plus" designation if they meet the requirements necessary.

There is no TRS without the plus on eBay.com.

Since I originate as a eBay.ca Seller I have TRS designation on both sites but only have the badge on eBay.ca.

If decided to offer same day/1 day shipping and offered 30 day returns I might have the TRS "plus" badge on eBay.com.

That's my best guess.....  

Message 17 of 19
latest reply

Trs plus listings 'may' be given better search placements but since there are so many factors when it comes to search, I don't know if that would make much or any difference,

US sellers can be trs on .com if they meet the sale and other requirements such as min. 90% for uploaded tracking. However, they only receive the discount on listings that have 1 or same day handling plus min. 30 day returns. Your listings would receive the trs plus badge too IF you met the trs requirements that US sellers have to meet such as 90% uploaded tracking within your handling time as well as the handling and return requirements.

Message 18 of 19
latest reply

Thank You.

I stopped paying attention to all this stuff after the most recent eBay changes.

Since the update all the pressure has faded and so I didn't think twice when I changed from a 1 day to a 3 day handling time until I saw this topic.

Message 19 of 19
latest reply