The Best Way To Do An Exchange?

I sold an item and the buyer wants to exchange it for another colour.  Things seems to change a lot around here so I just want to make sure that I'm doing the exchange correctly.

1) In customer support it says that the buyer is responsible for paying for the return shipment - do I remind them of that?

2) Who pays to ship the replacement?

Thanks!

You only fail when you don't try!
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

If it were me I'd advise them that I would ship the replacement to them as soon as the original arrived back here. I probably would not specifically mention the fact that they are paying to send it to me unless they asked, and I would assume that I am paying to send the replacement to them....after all you do want to do what you can to avoid neutrals/negs ie defects from the buyer.... those are my thoughts....
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I agree with Ron. Unless shipping is a large dollar amount, in which case we'll have to find a plan B, have your buyer pay to return first item and you pay to ship replacement. You'll be out a bit of $, but you'll be a hero and a gentleman. Even in this day and age that still counts for something in business. I don't see any reason for eBay to even be involved in transaction.
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Thanks guys!!

You only fail when you don't try!
Message 4 of 4
latest reply