The shipment was delivered and signed by purchaser more than 10 days ago. But ebay shipping status..

yrhee
Community Member

is not updating the status to delivered. Thus, keeping from accessing my money from paypal.

FYI, the item was sent from Ontario, Canada to Quebec, Canada via Canada Post Expedited Parcel service.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

The shipment was delivered and signed by purchaser more than 10 days ago. But ebay shipping status..

Thus, keeping from accessing my money from paypal.

That's not the reason.

As a new (or occasional ) seller, Paypal is Holding your customer's payment for 21 days against your good performance.

For US sellers, positive feedback from the buyer is enough to release Held funds.

But for us dangerous furriners, the full 21 days is required.

BTW, you were able to use PP for shipping using the Held funds and get any applicable discounts from the PO counter price, right?

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Yes. I used Paypal to create and pay for the shipping label.

I understand if eBay wants to hold the money because I am an occasional seller, but that still doesn't explain why the shipment status is not updating 12 days after it was delivered.

Tracking Number 7210029373887999 

It shows the item delivered on the morning of June 17th.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I know that it can take a couple days, but this does seem like an excessive length of time for it to be not showing as "Delivered", in my opinion. Perhaps a call to customer service would be in order in this case? It was confirmed by Canada Post as delivered and signed for, so that part is taken care of. If the access of your funds (after waiting the required time) depends on whether ebay has it showing as having been delivered or not, then I would call them and ask them why such a long delay in processing the info, since you have the proof that it has in fact been delivered (and signed for as well). Maybe even a call to Canada Post to double check to see if they forwarded the info to ebay would help too. Since you still have more than a week to go before trying to get your money, I would make those calls in the next couple days, just so that there isn't a problem later on the day when you do try to access those funds.

More experienced ebay sellers, what would you do?

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

One time when ebay delivery status was not up to date a crook tried to make an item not received claim even though canada post showed delivered and signed for.

This took many calls to ebay to resolve. They kept telling us that it was not delivered. They could not understand why the tracking number was not working on usps.com and at one point said that there is no tracking on any other website and we must be mistaken. That rep would not even entertain the notion that ebay existed in other countries and would not open a web browser and type www.canadapost.ca and type in the tracking number. I just hung up at that point and called back.

Package went to brampton from winnipeg.

We hope you do not have really poor customer service like we did on that one.
Message 5 of 5
latest reply