They're heeeeere: Canada Post 2016 Holiday Mailing Deadlines

Grabbed my little cheatsheet at the post office today:  https://www.canadapost.ca/web/en/kb/details.page?article=send_your_cards_and_&cattype=kb&cat=sending...

Usually, I make a big deal of these deadlines and add text to the bottom of all my listings for the holidays but, this year, I think I'm going to take a very abbreviated version and just slap it into my Payment Instructions. I've been adding text to Item Descriptions for about three years now but I'm not certain any buyer reads it and it takes hours to manually extract it again from the listings in the New Year. 

Screen Shot 2016-09-28 at 9.38.47 AM.png

Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

They make a point of saying, "No!" to the question: "Do you have a piece of tape I could use for this?"

But you're right, Canada Post does offer that packaging service.
Message 21 of 26
latest reply

@mjwl2006 wrote:
At my local postal counter, you get the stinkeye and a finger pointed at the wall of envelopes.

At mine, they just kinda look at it with a "This isn't gonna make it" look. If they stopped all of these, they would be sopping everyone except me.

The name and address in cursive script on a parcel wrapped in string. Doug just gave a sigh. What can he do? These people have never listened and never will.

Photobucket
Message 22 of 26
latest reply

Again, I have visions of the parcel wrapped with string undone and its contents scattered coast to coast. I triple-seal all openings with packing tape!
Message 23 of 26
latest reply

In liquor store parlance, we called them "once a year shoppers" as you would only see them once a year.

"Where's that wine, you know the one I mean, the one in the green bottle?"

"I need a good bottle of wine with the turkey for guests, ya got that Baby Duck wine?"

"Remember that wine you sold me last year?"

PO gets the exact same people, once a year.

Photobucket
Message 24 of 26
latest reply

@mjwl2006 wrote:
At my local postal counter, you get the stinkeye and a finger pointed at the wall of envelopes.

LOL!  Same here!  Zero tolerance for anything that's not "done right".   🙂 

Message 25 of 26
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Strange that they don't include Tracked Packet and Expedited!

Message 26 of 26
latest reply