This should be fixed by now?

73rhc
Community Member
I just sold an item and when the notice came in the buyers address was in a country on my excluded list. So I called the resolution center. The buyer register with a U.S. address and then quickly changed it to an address in Turkey. Their solution was to cancel the transaction. That's all fine as long as the buyer agrees. If he doesn't I still lose my fvf. Then it's back on the phone, on hold for who knows how long, and maybe I'll get my fvf's back. But I'm sure they won't do anything about my buyer. This shouldn't happen this far in the game.
Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

I'm not so sure. Initiate the cancellation at your end selecting buyer lives in a country you do not ship to. Buyer does not reply, after a week, you close the dispute in your favour. Buyer does not have to agree to anything.

Photobucket
Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Buyer can refuse the cancellation request

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

You may not be sure, but I am. If buyer refuses. Fvf are not refunded!
Message 4 of 13
latest reply

The whole point here is he was able to bid. Also, I didn't mention previously, but he outbid another buyer. So now my item may be back on the market if the other guy doesn't take the second chance offer.
Message 5 of 13
latest reply

You only specify countries that you ship to in your eBay listing in your recent sales of the past couple of days I look at. Specifically Canada and the USA. You have not used Excluded Shipping locations option to specifically block countries.

If a buyer in a country like Turkey looks at your recent sold listing 201169444315 or 111460647029 they just get a message

The seller has not specified a shipping method to Turkey. Contact the seller and request shipping to your location.

They are not blocked from bidding or buying as I understand it.

If I look at your active listing 111467197591, you have used Excluded Shipping locations and if I use Turkey (which is excluded), I get this message

This item does not ship to Turkey

So I think the listings that sold are not blocking countries unless they are specifically excluded with Excluded Shipping locations.

I would suggest making sure all listing use Excluded Shipping locations to exclude all countries you do not wish to ship to.

I do not know if this is why the buyer could change countries as you posted. I only mention this possibility as the reason. And also to help you protect yourself on your other active listings if this is indeed the reason for the bids/buy.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

I'm not sure. But what I did is I excluded countries in my preferences. The agent at the resolution center saw the same thing as me. She said he was able to bid because he opened his account with a US address. Even his PayPal account has a U.S. address. But when I contacted him, he said that he had no address in the U.S.only the one in Turkey. The bidder has since agreed to cancel the transaction. Now it's time to relist.
Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Canada Post now has Tracked Packet service to Turkey.  If your listing did not specifically exclude Turkey, but told potential buyers that a shipping method to Turkey was not specified, and the buyer did not contact you for a quote, you could protect yourself from a defect by sending an invoice with Tracked Packet shipping.  Then the buyer can decide to pay it, and you will have proof of delivery, or the buyer an ask for a cancellation, or just not pay and you can open a dispute for non-payment.

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

I see you solved your problem and posted faster than I typed! Glad it got sorted out!
Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Yeah thanks. Kinda solved. Item is still unsold because of this. I checked CPC tracked package to Turkey was about $80.
Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Because I cancelled the transaction, this counts as a defect against me!!! Go figure?
Message 11 of 13
latest reply

@73rhc wrote:
I just sold an item and when the notice came in the buyers address was in a country on my excluded list. So I called the resolution center. The buyer register with a U.S. address and then quickly changed it to an address in Turkey. Their solution was to cancel the transaction. That's all fine as long as the buyer agrees. If he doesn't I still lose my fvf. Then it's back on the phone, on hold for who knows how long, and maybe I'll get my fvf's back. But I'm sure they won't do anything about my buyer. This shouldn't happen this far in the game.

Yesterday I received an offer on one of my items from a buyer in Qatar.  I have that entire region blocked so this really shouldn't be possible.

Thank heavens it was only an offer so i could just decline it and send the the person a polite note stating that I do not ship to Qatar.

Given how easily Ebay seems to be tagging folks with defects these days they really need to show some initiative and shut this nonsense down.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

I get the odd E-Mail from Buyer's in countries I do not ship too lately and I just tell them I 'm sorry I don't ship to your country.

It I get a come back E-Mail I give them the International  Tracking shipping cost to their country and I take it off the CP site and  highlight it  & that is the end of it I don't hear any thing after that. Most of them are from Russia or East European countries.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply