Top Rated Seller Requirements Confusion

I have been a TRS for months now and the only requirements I see to earn the 20% discount is to be Top Rated.  So why am I not seeing the discounts??  Is there some requirement I am unaware of that I am missing.

I know in the US, you have to have a 1 day handling policy.

I only sell and ship within Canada.

What am I missing here?  Any insight would be helpful.

Thanks

Message 1 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

tobyshitzu
Community Member

you'll be getting the discount on all sales.  It shows up as a separate line on the monthly invoice dated the last day of your billing month.  Very prominent, you cant miss it

Top-rated seller Discount: You Saved 20% on Final Value Fees This Billing Cycle

Message 2 of 27
latest reply

If you have over 100 transactions and sold over $3000 USD over 12 months then you qualify. Your seller dashboard should say you earned 20% off FVF. Check your monthly invoice and you'll see a "discount" that equates 20% off your FVF and like toby said you'll see an entry that says you got 20% off for TRS. 

Message 3 of 27
latest reply

@breadboxx wrote:

I have been a TRS for months now and the only requirements I see to earn the 20% discount is to be Top Rated.  

There is a bit more to it than just the Top Rated requirement.  You also need to maintain a minimum transaction count (100 per year), a minimum level of sales in dollars ($3,000), and also a minimum 0.3% of cases closed without seller resolution. 

I assume you're only concerned about the Global TRS, not U.S., which as you mentioned has additional requirements.

Go to your dashboard, look under the large tab for "Current Evaluation".  That will tell you where you stand for this month's evaluation.  Click on each of the items under "Your Performance to Date" and you'll see the breakdown and details.  The other large tab at top shows your projected status for the next evaluation.

Keep in mind that, depending on the date on which you are invoiced, not all discounts will be shown until closer to the end of the billing cycle.  But they will be shown (at the latest) once your bill is processed.  I get an email each month in my personal inbox advising the bill is ready -- which is a couple of weeks before payment is actually processed.  Look for that, and it should have all the current discounts.  You may have to update your preferences to ensure you get eBay's billing advice email. 

Message 4 of 27
latest reply

@breadboxx wrote:

I have been a TRS for months now and the only requirements I see to earn the 20% discount is to be Top Rated.  So why am I not seeing the discounts??  Is there some requirement I am unaware of that I am missing.

I know in the US, you have to have a 1 day handling policy.

I only sell and ship within Canada.

Here's some of the important points from the help files:

• Have a positive feedback rating of at least 98%
  • Have at least 100 transactions or $1,000 in sales during the last 12 months
  • Have no more than 2% of transactions with 1 or more defects over your most recent evaluation period
  • Have received a maximum of two detailed seller ratings of 1 or 2 stars in the last 12 months, accounting for no more than 0.5% of your total feedback

The $3000us that other sellers mention is an old value. For selling on eBay.CA it is $1000cdn

If you meet those qualifications you should be seeing your discount on your monthly statement.

Message 5 of 27
latest reply

73rhc
Community Member

From .ca:

How to qualify for Top Rated Plus benefits
To qualify for Top Rated Plus benefits, you need to be a Top Rated Seller and your listings must include same-day or 1-day handling and 14-day or longer money-back returns.

Message 6 of 27
latest reply

@zee-chan wrote:

If you have over 100 transactions and sold over $3000 USD over 12 months then you qualify. Your seller dashboard should say you earned 20% off FVF. Check your monthly invoice and you'll see a "discount" that equates 20% off your FVF and like toby said you'll see an entry that says you got 20% off for TRS. 

Not exactly, mine does not. On my Dashboard it shows 0%, yet I get the discount every month. I have to click on the little blue link that says "See how eBay calculates your discount".

That takes me to the next page where it shows me I get a discount for global but not Canada. I am only "above standard" for Canada. I do not know why. I am guessing I just do not sell enough to Canada.

Photobucket
Message 7 of 27
latest reply

Op has the trs badge, so we know all criteria is met and the discount will be reflected on the invoice

Message 8 of 27
latest reply

@73rhc wrote:

From .ca:

To qualify for Top Rated Plus benefits, you need to be a Top Rated Seller and your listings must include same-day or 1-day handling and 14-day or longer money-back returns.

That is the .com rule only.  

Message 9 of 27
latest reply

@73rhc wrote:

From .ca:

'toby' is correct.  Those are the additional requirement for U.S. TRS, not Global.  You may have found these details on .ca, but they are there for the information of Canadian sellers who want to achieve U.S. TRS. 

Message 10 of 27
latest reply

I've had the TRS rating for some time now (global, not the U.S.). And I've had the same problem. I am not getting my discounts. My dashboard says I'm getting it. But that is not the actuality on my monthly statement.

Message 11 of 27
latest reply

That's really odd. When you click on your invoice on the right side there isn't anything under Discounts?

Have you talked to eBay about it?

Message 12 of 27
latest reply

Ok, problem found. I was always looking at my invoice on my eBay page. And the discount isn't shown. Only when the actual invoice is opened, do I see it. I never had a reason to open it previously. Hence the confusion.

Message 13 of 27
latest reply

73, join the club. PJ made me look at a bunch of my stuff as well. Sadly for me, I learned stuff.

Photobucket
Message 14 of 27
latest reply

ops will be in the same spot, as the first reply said :).  Some peopel have thought the discount would be reflected as each sale is posted

Message 15 of 27
latest reply

That would take a lot of lines of code times each seller times each sale.

Photobucket
Message 16 of 27
latest reply

Agreed, but the monthly invoice on the website page makes no mention of this discount. They do show, however, savings from promotions.

Message 17 of 27
latest reply

@mr.elmwood wrote:

73, join the club. PJ made me look at a bunch of my stuff as well. Sadly for me, I learned stuff.

I would rephrase it by saying "gladly for me".

I've been on eBay for a long time and I'm still learning.

Message 18 of 27
latest reply

I've been on eBay for a long time and I'm still learning.

Me too!
Message 19 of 27
latest reply

Hey!  Even I know that I couldn't 'make' you look at or do anything. Smiley Happy

Message 20 of 27
latest reply