Tracked Packet - International not working

I am trying to ship a parcel to Germany - cannot get Tracked Packet to work on PayPal. I know this has been a problem in the past - is there a fix?? The parcel weighs 1.485 KG and I know it is valid. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks!

Donna

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Found the solution by looking back to old message from 2014:

@rose-dee wrote:
... he suggested this workaround earlier ...

Tracked Packet does not work if you do not choose it first it seems.  If you choose the Service type option Select Service and then continue, it will say "Please enter a valid service type" and then select Tracked Packet, it will work.

I went back into PayPal and selected TP first and it has worked fine (although rate is slightly higher than Canada Post quote) which is odd. Nevertheless, I am grateful.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

I don't know. Its never worked for me ever. Don't even know why they have it on there actually. Did you ever manage to ship through that?

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

"The parcel weighs 1.485 KG"

What are the measurements?

Canada Post gives me a rate of $65.47 if the box measures 10cm x 10cm x 10cm

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/far/business/findARate?execution=e1s5

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Yes I know it works on the Canada Post site, and that is the rate I gave and have been paid by buyer. My problem is the PayPal site will not work. The dimensions are 24X24X17 cm. But I get the error message below: 

I know a couple of years ago there was this type of problem in the programming and you could go into "Inpsect Element" and fix it. I found that on YouTube, I am sure this is a similar issue - some programming glitch, so I hoped someone had an answer.

Canada Post - Create Your Shipping Label

Error Message

The Shipment Option you have chosen is invalid. Please verify the amount you have entered.

Create, purchase, and print Canada Post shipping labels from your PayPal account. Complete the form below to prepare your shipping label.
Recipient’s Purchase Information
Item #Item TitleQtyPriceSubtotal
191559437870Sally Baxter Girl Reporter Hong Kong Deadline #10 1960 HBDJ Edwards VG+ HTF!1$7.99 USD$7.99 USD
191559437876Sally Baxter Girl Reporter On Location #3 1960s HBDJ Sylvia Edwards VG+!1$7.99 USD$7.99 USD
191559437877Vintage Chip Hilton Freshman Quarterback #9 HBDJ 1952 Clair Bee HTF Very Good++1$7.99 USD$7.99 USD
191559437882Vintage Chip Hilton Dugout Jinx #8 HBDJ 1952 Clair Bee HTF Very Good++1$13.00 USD$13.00 USD
Total Shipping and Handling Paid by Recipient:$54.56 USD

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Found the solution by looking back to old message from 2014:

@rose-dee wrote:
... he suggested this workaround earlier ...

Tracked Packet does not work if you do not choose it first it seems.  If you choose the Service type option Select Service and then continue, it will say "Please enter a valid service type" and then select Tracked Packet, it will work.

I went back into PayPal and selected TP first and it has worked fine (although rate is slightly higher than Canada Post quote) which is odd. Nevertheless, I am grateful.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Works fine now. 

Message 6 of 6
latest reply