Transferring my paypal funds to my bank account

I haven't transferred my paypal funds to my bank account in some time...I'm wondering if I have to pay some kind of a fee..U.S currency is my primary..If I transfer my paypal funds to my bank account will I have to pay those foreign conversion rates..Should I change my primary currency to Canadian?? What is the difference of what your primary currency is?? I list everything in CAN currency.. I'm pretty sure that if U.S is my primary it will have to be converted to Canadian dollars, and then I will probably be hit with conversion rates...Right now the Canadian dollar is about 0.75 US..If I transfer my money to my bank account the exchange rate will probably be 0.725...This is kind of confusing..Maybe you guys can help me out... 

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Transferring my paypal funds to my bank account

@rickycautin04 wrote:

I haven't transferred my paypal funds to my bank account in some time...I'm wondering if I have to pay some kind of a fee..U.S currency is my primary..If I transfer my paypal funds to my bank account will I have to pay those foreign conversion rates..Should I change my primary currency to Canadian?? What is the difference of what your primary currency is?? I list everything in CAN currency.. ...

Setting your paypal primary currency is very, very easy to do -- and you can switch as often as you want.

Hit the ">" link to the right of "Paypal balance"

then select "Manage currencies"  and you can set primary from there

Primary currency is where paypal looks first, before it looks at other currencies.

If you are listing in CA$ then you should have your paypal primary currency set to CA$

If the amount is over $15 there is no fee to transfer CA$ to your Canadian bank account (minimum used to be $150).

Message 2 of 2
latest reply