Trying to find an existing thread/response about selling limitis and older Cdn stores.

dhslk
Community Member

Hello. I read a thread several weeks ago about selling limits, where someone stated that they had found out about a selling limit affecting older stores (may have been Cdn sellers who had opened ebay.com stores years ago). Can someone help me find it, as I am having no luck?

No matter what I do, my sales come to a virtual standstill whenever I reach a certain US$ total per month in sales. I can either have slow and steady sales all month, or a rush of fabulous sales that plummet to almost nothing until the monthly total drops. This only happens on ebay, not on my other venues.

If someone can point me to the thread/message it would be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Trying to find an existing thread/response about selling limitis and older Cdn stores.

Is this the thread that you are referring to?

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/Interesting/m-p/286643/highlight/true#M37304

I found it by searching for throttling. There are similar threads on the .com Powersellers board and the .com sellers board.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

No, it isn't. This one was either started by, or responded to by, a Canadian seller who had gotten confirmation from the ebay technical dept. that there WAS some sort of hidden limit / technical glitch affecting this subset of sellers. I think the seller managed to actually get some help from ebay regarding this.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

This isn't the link http://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Selling/selling-limits/td-p/1715245 , but it had similar info. It was a Cdn seller who was somehow caught in the older store on ebay.com when not a US member glitch and they actually got ebay to identify the problem and (I think) fix it.

I am tearing my hair out trying to find the posting. I thought that I had forwarded the link to myself, but obviously didn't.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I hope that you find it as I'm curious to read what it is all about.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

bump

Message 6 of 6
latest reply