Trying to list on eBay.com- won't allow listing even though selecting flat rate shipping outside US

I sell most Automotive parts and have tried listing on eBay.com. However,  I cannot complete the listing because eBay.com won't accept my input for shipping. I have been selecting flat rate shipping from outside the US, but it gets stuck there. No matter how many times I go through, because the item location is outside the US, it won't allow me to complete the listing. Anybody else having this problem? Can it be fixed?

Message 1 of 34
latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

Trying to list on eBay.com- won't allow listing even though selecting flat rate shipping outside US

"selecting flat rate shipping from outside the US"

At that point, what amount are you entering for shipping and to what countries?

Message 2 of 34
latest reply

This question is only for the "Domestic" shipping option. Trying to use the International shipping option doesn't work, as it is impossible to have a single shipping cost for every country. The item was large and had a $35 cost to ship from Canada to the US.

Message 3 of 34
latest reply

When listing on eBay.com  "domestic" is USA.  Select - Flat Cost to all buyers - Then, Standard Shipping from outside USA and finally enter the shipping amount in the box

Then you select under the International Shipping sections the countries you want to ship to, method of shipping and flat shipping cost.

When I look at some of your current listings (on eBay.ca) unfortunately you are not entering the information correctly and your listings are not seen overseas despite you wanting to ship to the UK, Australia, etc...  Unless you enter a specific shipping amount potential buyers see and will continue to see:

This item will ship to United Kingdom, but the seller has not specified shipping options. Contact the seller- and request a shipping method to your location.

Message 4 of 34
latest reply

Ok , thank you for the direction on the Domestic shipping. Regarding shipping internationally, the shipping cost can vary tremendously depending on which country the package is going to, as well as the size of the package. I don't see how I could have only one cost for everybody.

Message 5 of 34
latest reply

"I don't see how I could have only one cost for everybody."

That is one of the major problems faced by international sellers (including Canadians) wanting to list on eBay.com (USA) but not shipping from within the USA.

Best option is to list on the domestic site in the domestic currency (eBay.ca in Cdn$ for Canadians)

or go without those overseas sales.

When you look at all your sales in the last twelve months, how many of them went overseas (outside Canada and USA) in packages with high shipping costs?

If it is substantial, list on eBay.ca in Cdn$, if not, go without.

Message 6 of 34
latest reply

Well, I tried again this morning, and the problem remains the same. It doesn't matter what shipping option I select,  the site doesn't permit any shipping options from outside the USA. It suggests that I select flat rate, which I have done, but so far, no change.

Message 7 of 34
latest reply

Abody, I know what you are saying. You can't select different shipping rates when listing on com and shipping from ca, ya just can't. Why? com does not support CP

What do you do? Most of what Pierre says is correct. Well, all of it.

What I have found is that shipping costs vary within a small margin, internationally. So, when I was charging international shipping, I used an arbitrary amount that sometimes I made a dollar, sometimes I lost a dollar on shipping. So what? I made my profit on the part.

With PP fees, eBay fees, changing exchange rates, there is no such thing as "exact cost" for shipping. So, I use an approximate amount.

Photobucket
Message 8 of 34
latest reply

@abodyduster wrote:

I sell most Automotive parts and have tried listing on eBay.com. However,  I cannot complete the listing because eBay.com won't accept my input for shipping. I have been selecting flat rate shipping from outside the US, but it gets stuck there. No matter how many times I go through, because the item location is outside the US, it won't allow me to complete the listing. Anybody else having this problem? Can it be fixed?

Here's a list of current shipping choices when listing on eBay.com for the Canadian seller (who ships from Canada)

-.-

To the USA
All flat rate, no calculated, with expected delivery time.

Economy Shipping from outside US (11 to 23 business days)
Standard Shipping from outside US (6 to 10 business days)
Expedited Shipping from outside US (1 to 4 business days)
Flat rate Freight

-.-

Outside the USA, to the rest of the world (including Canada)
All flat rate, no calculated, countries are selectable.

Economy Int'l Shipping
Standard Int'l Shipping
Expedited Int'l Shipping

You can have up to 5 separate International rates for countries you select plus can have

Require buyers to contact you for international shipping costs

This last option allows the potential buyer to ask for a cost and you can calculate a shipping cost to their country.

-..-

Message 9 of 34
latest reply

If you are having problems you might want to post a screen shot of your shipping section to see if we can figure out the oroblem.  

Message 10 of 34
latest reply

Looks like it is a glitch- seems like there is more than one of those right now.

Message 11 of 34
latest reply

I apologize, I re-read your opening post. That has never happened to me. I listed several items over the last few days using "sell similar" and had no problem.

Photobucket
Message 12 of 34
latest reply

" I re-read your opening post."

Read again.  He is not trying to relist on eBay.com.  He was trying to list on eBay.com listings currently on eBay.ca in US$, using Canada Post as a carrier.

Relisting or Selling Similar on .com is easy.  His problem is with his first listing on eBay.com where somehow he cannot find a way around the shipping.  The Canada Post calculator is NOT available on eBay.com and that is his challenge.

He has relisted on eBay.ca in US$.

Message 13 of 34
latest reply

Re-re-reading.

The opening post refers to getting stuck. Subsequent posts seem to refer to trying to use shipping variations. Yes. I think I get it now.

Abody, listing on com from Canada, you can choose free shipping or flat rate shipping. Those are your only choices.

"He has relisted on eBay.ca in US$." I was wondering why I was finding prices in US dollars.

Photobucket
Message 14 of 34
latest reply

"I was wondering why I was finding prices in US dollars"

Taking a look at the shipping option (Canada Post) could give you a clue!  Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 34
latest reply

@pierrelebel wrote:

"I was wondering why I was finding prices in US dollars"

Taking a look at the shipping option (Canada Post) could give you a clue!  Smiley Happy

Actually, that was my first clue. I looked on ca, saw Expedited, saw odd parts pricing, went over to com and found the listings in US dollars.

So, lemme see if I have this straight. Because it is auto parts, ca will permit using US dollars for this category? Abody can continue to the shipping methods they prefer?

Hang on, problem. ca does not support parts compatibility, does it? This is a major tool on the com side that creates enhanced visibility in search. I can't live without parts compatibility.

Photobucket
Message 16 of 34
latest reply

I am listing on .ca until they get things figured out. I have managed to switch one listing over without a problem, but this morning a new problem arose, so patience seems to be the key. I  have every intention of moving all my listings to .com, but I have to wait for eBay to get things working properly.

Message 17 of 34
latest reply

@abodyduster wrote:

I am listing on .ca until they get things figured out. I have managed to switch one listing over without a problem, but this morning a new problem arose, so patience seems to be the key. I  have every intention of moving all my listings to .com, but I have to wait for eBay to get things working properly.

You are going to be waiting a long time.

Photobucket
Message 18 of 34
latest reply

"ca will permit using US dollars for this category?"

Not a good batting average today!

eBay.ca will no longer allow listings of any kind in any category in US$.

What eBay-Canada has stated is that for seller of auto parts, it was better for them to list in US$ on eBay.com (not eBay.ca)

Of course the change does not affect you since you were already listing on eBay.com in US$.  The challenge is for Canadian sellers who do not understand how to sell with either fixed shipping charge or "free shipping".

Message 19 of 34
latest reply

@pierrelebel wrote:

"ca will permit using US dollars for this category?"

Not a good batting average today!

eBay.ca will no longer allow listings of any kind in any category in US$.

What eBay-Canada has stated is that for seller of auto parts, it was better for them to list in US$ on eBay.com (not eBay.ca)

Of course the change does not affect you since you were already listing on eBay.com in US$.  The challenge is for Canadian sellers who do not understand how to sell with either fixed shipping charge or "free shipping".

Thanks Pierre, I misunderstood that part.

I have been flat rate forever. Moved mostly into "free" 16 months ago.  My business went up considerably with the move to "free", aka "shipping included in the total price".

Photobucket
Message 20 of 34
latest reply