Twitter reports problems at eBay

I can't edit listings and having no luck posting to this message board. 

So...monitoring twitter this morning.  Problems reported in UK, USA and Canada.

Using Twitter search terms: 
- ebay can't
- ebay unable
- ebay not able

Reports from users who can't or unable or not able to:
-access account
-buy
-ship
-edit
-access app
-can't log in on iPhone
-list
-not able to bid on an item so think I lost out
-pay

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

I cannot to save my life stay signed-in on my mobile device. The desktop is fine.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

It took me three tries to be able to post on the Weekly Chat board this afternoon when using my iPad.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

I suspect eBay may have bitten off more than it can chew in the re-organization of the site that is planned to take effect come February 20th.  

If things regularly go awry when eBay is just doing its usual fiddling around in the background with small things, can you imagine what those programmers can manage to break when let fully loose?  The entire defect system is being re-designed, along with all seller tools (apparently being rolled into a new "Seller Hub").

No doubt breakdowns, freezes, shut-outs and fatal errors are going to become a regular thing on this site until they get everything settled in early spring.  Then they'll decide to change something else...Woman Sad

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

@rose-dee wrote:

I suspect eBay may have bitten off more than it can chew in the re-organization of the site that is planned to take effect come February 20th.  

If things regularly go awry when eBay is just doing its usual fiddling around in the background with small things, can you imagine what those programmers can manage to break when let fully loose?  The entire defect system is being re-designed, along with all seller tools (apparently being rolled into a new "Seller Hub").

No doubt breakdowns, freezes, shut-outs and fatal errors are going to become a regular thing on this site until they get everything settled in early spring.  Then they'll decide to change something else...Woman Sad

Then the new Spring 2016 Seller Update will be announced in March to start the changes again to break the site all over again. Never ending change. But unlike past updates, ebay makes the site more and more unstable with something somewhere not working as well as more major outages more frequent.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

It's like the Leaning Tower of Pisa except without class, beauty or elegance. Ebay keeps adding storeys without propping up the foundation. 

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

@rose-dee wrote:

Isn;t it interesting that a change involving sellers' DSRs being established through handling/shipping/arrival times is scheduled for the exact same time that Canada Post generally raises their rates on a yearly basis.?

Many of us are already "absorbing" a significant amount of our shipping costs in order to stay competitive with our US competition. The next Canada Post increase may well make that an impossible feat to carry on any longer and we will need to yet again look for areas to cut shipping costs and the most likely area will be to drop from a tracked shipping service to a non tracked service whenever possible.

Because with non tracked Canada Post services we cannot see the acceptance scan, and there is one we jjust can't see it, we will be at the mercy of buyers relying on them to check a little box saying their item arrived on time and Canada Post/Ebay shipping time estimates that Canada Post will not even hold themselves to or offer guarantees of.. Even if we process our shipments in our advertised time, without that acceptance scan to prove it, if the package arrives late according to the ridiculous estimates that Ebay is using or the buyer checks the wrong box, we will take a hit.

Cheers,

thD

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

If there is one present I would like Santa to bring me for Christmas, and Chanukkah and Kwanzaa and Diwali (oh, I missed that, dang), it would be the option to add a bar code for Confirmation of Delivery onto any Canada Post service.

I just ran the cost of shipping a paperback within Canada (17x10x2/ 250grams) and within the USA and there are two differences, if I read the websites correctly.

The USPS charges $3.27CDN

Canada Post charges $3.76 CDN.

And our US competitors can buy postage online and add Delivery Confirmation for a quarter (33c CDN).

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

If there is one present I would like Santa to bring me for Christmas, and Chanukkah and Kwanzaa and Diwali (oh, I missed that, dang), it would be the option to add a bar code for Confirmation of Delivery onto any Canada Post service.

I just ran the cost of shipping a paperback within Canada (17x10x2/ 250grams) and within the USA and there are two differences, if I read the websites correctly.

The USPS charges $3.27CDN

Canada Post charges $3.76 CDN.

And our US competitors can buy postage online and add Delivery Confirmation for a quarter (33c CDN).

If the USA seller uses eBay Shipping, the DC is free. They do not pay anything for the DC.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

http://www.ecommercebytes.com/cab/abn/y15/m11/i26/s01

Sellers Deal with Third eBay Outage in a Month

Sellers were unable to complete basic selling tasks on eBay on Wednesday morning as the site experienced the third outage in the past month. Things ground to a halt in the early morning hours the day before Thanksgiving - with some users unable to even log on to the site.

This time, eBay blamed the issue on a domain change. It apologized to users for the outage and said it would protect sellers who were impacted......

Message 10 of 10
latest reply