U.S. Light Packet

cjacki
Community Member

Would anyone have the link to the new 2015 light packet rates? I can.t find it.

Found on the board that it's $5 up to 300g? I also need the next rate up.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 50
latest reply
49 REPLIES 49

U.S. Light Packet

http://www.canadapost.ca/tools/pg/prices/SBprices2015-e.pdf

Light Packet USA is on page 32 of 48.

Light Packet International is on page 46 of 48.

Message 2 of 50
latest reply

U.S. Light Packet

Thanks very much.

Message 3 of 50
latest reply

U.S. Light Packet

Be careful...

The parcel rates  in these tables may only be the base price  without a fuel surcharge added....

If I remember correctly.

I wait until Monday morning to confirm the actual cost of postage for parcels... and then revise listings on Monday....

Message 4 of 50
latest reply

U.S. Light Packet

Confirmed....

The parcel rates in tables do not have an added fuel surcharge...if it is to be added to the cost of postage indicated in the table.

Message 5 of 50
latest reply

U.S. Light Packet

There is no fuel charge on light or small packet.

Message 6 of 50
latest reply

U.S. Light Packet

Fuel surcharge, and its application as of January 5 to February 1... 2015

Also identifies which postal options do have a fuel surcharge applied....

Link to

http://www.canadapost.ca/cpo/mc/aboutus/news/fuel/default.jsf

Message 7 of 50
latest reply

U.S. Light Packet

Thank you. The OP was asking about light packet which is not on that list.

Message 8 of 50
latest reply

U.S. Light Packet

By the way - did someone resolve the Light-packet mysterious "manifest required" note below the postage rate box?

manifest.jpg

Message 9 of 50
latest reply

U.S. Light Packet

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

It is - in the Small Packet section.

Message 10 of 50
latest reply

U.S. Light Packet

Here some excerpts from the PayPal discussion board - this subject was already discussed there a few weeks ago - with no conclusion.

"For 2 years Canada Post have picked up my light packets with NO issues whatsoever. Today I ran into issues with having my light packets (around 100 of them) picked up by Canada Post. The mailman said I should definitely have a manifest for those since the labels now say "Manifest Required"... but there is no way to print a manifest with paypal shipping!!!!! If there were, I'd gladly print one and be done with it."

"We have the same problem, Canada Post is refusing our packages. We've contacted PayPal and Canada Post with no success... We've just contacted Pitney Bowes, as our last resort..."

Message 11 of 50
latest reply

U.S. Light Packet

@38e_avenue wrote:

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

It is - in the Small Packet section.

ERRATUM - LP is of course NOT on the fuel surcharge list. Sorry! I misunderstood your answer, pjcdn2005.

Message 12 of 50
latest reply

U.S. Light Packet

I added one more label to compare (all 3 were printed last hour). It seems that ONLY Light Packet requires a manifest.

expe.jpg

Message 13 of 50
latest reply

U.S. Light Packet

Would someone please explain exactly what a postal manifest is? Thanks.
Message 14 of 50
latest reply

U.S. Light Packet

@vintagenorth wrote:
Would someone please explain exactly what a postal manifest is? Thanks.

Et voila! My mailman asked me last Friday where is my manifest. "MY WHAT???" 

Message 15 of 50
latest reply

U.S. Light Packet

This Canada Post guide lets us better understand what a postal manifest is Smiley LOL

http://www.canadapost.ca/how_do_i/manifest/manifest_guide-e.pdf?ecid=murl07001029

Message 16 of 50
latest reply

U.S. Light Packet

@38e_avenue wrote:

Et voila! My mailman asked me last Friday where is my manifest. "MY WHAT???" 

Did he take the package anyway, or refuse it?  So far, no one has mentioned it to me at the postal outlet, and most of my packages are Light Packet.

Message 17 of 50
latest reply

U.S. Light Packet

@jt-libra wrote:

Did he take the package anyway, or refuse it?  So far, no one has mentioned it to me at the postal outlet, and most of my packages are Light Packet.

They started to ask to provide a manifest last week, but it was rather a suggestion, not a request. On Friday, all packages were accepted (12 small packets, 6 light packets, 2 expedited).

Message 18 of 50
latest reply

U.S. Light Packet

Just wondering if this new problem with Light Packet showing "Manifest Required" on Paypal labels is still going on?  Haven't mailed anything by Light Packet recently and am wondering if this is affecting all sellers.  Potentially this is a serious problem.

Message 19 of 50
latest reply

U.S. Light Packet

@forester_studios wrote:

Just wondering if this new problem with Light Packet showing "Manifest Required" on Paypal labels is still going on?  Haven't mailed anything by Light Packet recently and am wondering if this is affecting all sellers.  Potentially this is a serious problem.

Nothing changed. Here is the new label, printed today, with the new 5.00 CAD rate.

As we supposed, no tax was charged, so the final label price went from 4.36 to 5.00.

new.jpg

Message 20 of 50
latest reply