UPC Problem -- Again!

You'll recall we went through a period when UPC codes were not carried over when we "relisted" or "sold similar".  Then the issue was resolved and everything ran smoothly.

Today I was re-listing unsold items which had all ended within the past week.  It didn't matter if I re-listed or used "sell similar", the UPC was suddenly invalid even though it was the same one that had been used for weeks.  The codes are being carried over; however, when you click on 'List Your Item", an error message about an invalid UPC shows up at the top.  You can complete your listing, but without a UPC code, and I'm concerned that these will be buried in Search.  This has been happening on individual listings as well as through bulk editing, on both .ca and .com.  The funny thing is, it doesn't happen with every listing.

Has anyone else experienced this today?  Or does anyone even care?  What I mean by that, is my worrying about search placement unnecessary?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

UPC Problem -- Again!

Not a UPC but I had the same problem and error message with an ISBN number on a book.  I deleted it

from the listing then re-entered it and it accepted it. 

Hopefully just a temporary glitch.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

UPC Problem -- Again!

Something similar happened to me yesterday. 

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Listing-Tools/Product-Identifier-error-UPC-missing-value/td-p/311...

It wasn't a 'relist' but merely an item that had been perfectly fine until showing up as 'Improve your listings, sell more (1)' on my Active Listings page. Nothing I could do would fix it so it is still unresolved. I haven't had any items end since then. 

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

UPC Problem -- Again!

Unfortunately, it looks as if I will miss (for the second week in a row) tomorrow's Board Hour.

If you're here, can you raise it? I'm worried there's something wrong with the Product Catalogue. My fear is that new items have been added to it since we added UPCs to our listings and that now the wrong UPCs are in the catalogue, rejecting our correct ones. Unless yours were also bundles? Is there any pattern to which were rendered invalid and which weren't? 

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

UPC Problem -- Again!

@mjwl2006 wrote:

Unfortunately, it looks as if I will miss (for the second week in a row) tomorrow's Board Hour.

If you're here, can you raise it? I'm worried there's something wrong with the Product Catalogue. My fear is that new items have been added to it since we added UPCs to our listings and that now the wrong UPCs are in the catalogue, rejecting our correct ones. Unless yours were also bundles? Is there any pattern to which were rendered invalid and which weren't? 

I'm sorry, mj, I'm going to be gone all day tomorrow, so I don't like to post enquiries when I'm not going to be here to answer any follow-up questions Raphael might have.

I tried to determine whether there was a pattern to the listings that came up with invalid codes .... but I couldn't see one.  I'll check them all tomorrow when I get home and see if I'll be able to add them.  If so, then, thankfully, it was only a glitch.  If not, well ......

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

UPC Problem -- Again!

@mjwl2006 wrote:

Something similar happened to me yesterday. 

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Listing-Tools/Product-Identifier-error-UPC-missing-value/td-p/311...

It wasn't a 'relist' but merely an item that had been perfectly fine until showing up as 'Improve your listings, sell more (1)' on my Active Listings page. Nothing I could do would fix it so it is still unresolved. I haven't had any items end since then. 

I'm sorry, I missed your post yesterday on Seller Listing Tools (I always forget to check that Board).

My error message shows up at the top of the final screen of the SYI form:

Error - Invalid UPc.png

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

UPC Problem -- Again!

Yes, mine did the same. My workaround was Does Not Apply but then when I went back to the Bulk Editor to fix it, it gave me the red flag that was unacceptable. 

I changed my plans for the day so that I could return for Board Hour. Having help for longer than the single hour is, well, helpful. I don't mind the format change at all. 

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

UPC Problem -- Again!

Thanks for raising this at the Weekly Board session today, mj.  I got home a short time ago and read all the posts.

I tried to add the codes to the items I listed yesterday but the invalid code error came up again.  Had it worked, I might have added a note for Raphael since he said that he'll be checking the Board tomorrow morning.  So as it stands, I guess he's going to look into it.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply