Ugg another day another frustration!

This is a new one to me, a surprising flaw I think!

I had items on sale, the sale ended late last night.

Before the sale ended a buyer purchased an item.

They did not pay. I don't think they could, sometimes my sold items end up showing two shipping amounts, the same but it seems to prevent them from being able to pay, anyway sending an invoice after deleting one of them fixes that.

However the invoice amount for the item itself was "today"s non-sale price, not the on-sale price at the time the item was purchased.

Didn't notice that till I got the "buyer requests cancellation" note soon thereafter.

I'm trying to work through the issue, unfortunately the buyer doesn't speak english so it is making things a lot harder.

Anyway I am very surprised that the invoicing did not preserve the item price at time of purchase...... grrrrrrrrrrrr

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Click on the sale name.

View solution in original post

Message 12 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

I have experienced that a few times over the years, usually the problem was caused by me - missing the actual time my discount ended.

Since my store was registered on eBay,com, all times shown in the Markdown Manager were PST, even when the items were listed on eBay.ca where EST is used.

Could different time zones be the source of the problem?

Message 2 of 20
latest reply

Hi Pierre!

I do not think so, they purchased at 10 pm last night, the sale ended around 11:30.

I did not send the invoice till this morning when the sale was over. I am sure they couldn't pay last night because of the mutiple shipping (duplicate) costs... sometimes I have up to 3 of them show up, usually for "older" items. 

The worst part is that I have 4 levels of sales depending on how "old" the item is. I can't find a way to find out what the sale price was for that particular item... so I had to ask them to tell me what the sale price was....and they don't speak english...... sigh.......

Message 3 of 20
latest reply

"10 pm last night, the sale ended around 11:30."

Are both EST or PST ?

Message 4 of 20
latest reply

When you check your sellers account, what selling price does it show?

Message 5 of 20
latest reply

Good timezone point, the purchase time was 10 PM our time, the sale end time was 11:30 pm PST (= 2:30 AM our time).

Today everything on myEbay and in SMP it shows the original price, same as showed up on the invoice that I sent.

Oddly the email notification that showed up while it was on sale shows the non-on-sale (original) price as well.

Because I can't find a place/way to verify the end time (as in hour of the day) of the sales, it is quite possible (even though I'm only "medium-old") that I forgot what time the sale ended.

I still strongly suspect that the buyer bought it because they saw it was on sale (they bought two other on sale items earlier in the day) whether or not it was still on sale at the time or not I can't say for 100%.

I am beginning to doubt myself now, because the email notification should have identified the on sale price and it did not. (Other on sale stuff all reflects the proper on-sale price the item was purchased for).

Hmmm it was a lot easier to blame eBay!

Message 6 of 20
latest reply

News on CBC used to be 10:00 PM, and a half an hour later in Newfoundland

-----------------------------------

As a Canadian seller... my sales are on eBay.ca  at EST time.

If a buyer pays at the same time... as PST the date could be different... if everything was purchased and paid at close to Midnight... EST, or PST

eBay.ca  is EST... Toronto time

eBay.com is PST... California time

Everything on eBay.ca should show up as EST... and that should show up for a transaction listed under ... each seller's ...My eBay ... on eBay.ca

We are Canadian sellers!... Aren't we?!!

Message 7 of 20
latest reply

Hi Cumos!

Unfortunately I'm a .COM kinda guy. 

The only time I sign onto .CA is participate on this board.

Everything else I do has "always" been on .COM (there was no .CA when I started selling, and because I am targeting US buyers I do everything in .COMland)

Message 8 of 20
latest reply

"Because I can't find a place/way to verify the end time"

In your store, under Markdown Manager

Message 9 of 20
latest reply

Hi Pierre, yes, but where does one find the hour of the day?

Message 10 of 20
latest reply

I no longer have a store so I am working from memory. Try the edit function or repeat function

Message 11 of 20
latest reply

Click on the sale name.

Message 12 of 20
latest reply

Have you suggested to the customer that you could send a Paypal invoice with corrected price and shipping?

Then you manually mark his eBay purchase as paid and sent.

PP Buyer Protection is as strong as eBay's, in some ways stronger, but there may be some fee charges from eBay that are higher than you would like. Probably pennies though, and a happy customer should be worth a few pennies.

Gee, it sure is easy to run someone else' business, eh?

Message 13 of 20
latest reply

Hi Pjc! That works, I never thought to click there (I was trying the same places Pierre was suggesting).

This also solves the mystery, 3 of the 4 sales were set to close between 10:10 PM and 11:15 PM PST. 

Apparently the "medium old" guy running my store got 24HR time confused, the 4th category sale (and by far the largest, 1,600 items in it) was set to close at 1:33 PM PST ) 13:33. It is extremely likely that the item was in that sale, so the sale would have been over when the buyer purchased it.

So now it will be interesting to see what happens, the buyer must have gone off to work, I haven't heard back from the cancellation request or my follow-up emails.... maybe they'll still jump at the chance to get it on sale!

I felt a lot better when I thought it was eBay's fault - OOOPS!  Smiley Embarassed

THX Pierre and Pjc for your help! 

PS Pjc, is there a way to see what items were in each of the sales? Everything I've tried so far does not let me see what was in the original sale.

Message 14 of 20
latest reply

Hi Femme! 

I had already sent the cancellation request when I realized they probably thought it was on sale.

Because we are definitely having language barrier problems I figured it was easier to just complete the cancellation and me to relist it at the on sale price for them to buy. 

Now that I've realized it wasn't on sale when they physically purchased it, it is quite possible there's another reason they changed their mind.

I'll know more if/when they get back to me.....

Message 15 of 20
latest reply

GOOGLE TRANSLATE? When I use this, I send both my original English comment as well as the translation, since the program can be amusing.
Message 16 of 20
latest reply

Hi Femme! Yep I use Google translate and I send "their language" first and the theoretically same english afterward.

When I did the french to english and back again, some meaning was lost but I think they'll still understand.....

Message 17 of 20
latest reply

Just heard back from them, they misunderstood what the item was, that's why they cancelled - nothing to do with the sale price after all!

Message 18 of 20
latest reply

I'm glad that the buyer got back to you.

I don't know of any way to see which items were on sale, I wish that you could do that as there has been quite a few

times when it would have come in handy. Markdown manager could be much more user friendly.

Message 19 of 20
latest reply

@ricarmic wrote:

Hi Pierre!

I do not think so, they purchased at 10 pm last night, the sale ended around 11:30.

I did not send the invoice till this morning when the sale was over. I am sure they couldn't pay last night because of the mutiple shipping (duplicate) costs... sometimes I have up to 3 of them show up, usually for "older" items. 

The worst part is that I have 4 levels of sales depending on how "old" the item is. I can't find a way to find out what the sale price was for that particular item... so I had to ask them to tell me what the sale price was....and they don't speak english...... sigh.......

Can you not just go back into your "Markdown Manager" and look up the sale it was in and pull the markdown from there? You know what time the sale ended unless of course you have multiple sales all ending at exactly the same time then it would be difficult.

Cheers,

thD

DOH!

NEVERMIND lolol.

Message 20 of 20
latest reply