Using Canadian tax tables on Ebay.com

Has anyone successfully been able to do this on Ebay.com post conversion?

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

You need to set up your tax table on eBay.ca

Then have your eBay.com use the tax table

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Ok...That wasn't the question. I have tax tables by province that I use on .ca. These are not visibly available on .com nor does it seem there is a way to custom create them beyond the predefined US states.   

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Your Canadian tax table - from eBay.ca - will be used by eBay for eBay.com listings when selling to Canadian buyers as long as your eBay.com listings show you are using a tax table. 

DO NOT use the eBay.com table.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

No...Only the US tax table with US states comes up as a option when trying to modify an Ebay.com listing. Even using Sales manager through Ebay.ca Now saying that, it's possible that Canadian buyers will see the Canadian table if it is checked without detailed state options.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Looking at the SYI3 on eBay.com you will find a section "Add other Details"

Click on Add or Remove Options

A now box opens

Tick the box in front of Charge applicable sales tax to buyers   -  SAVE

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Pay attention to the question...I know the check box exists and often use it to toggle taxable and exempt items on many listings. The question is that because Ebay.com uses a different tax table template, even if one exists on .ca and if the checkmark is checked on a US listing (even though the default state table is empty) will the listing still pick up the tax template created on .ca.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

"will the listing still pick up the tax template created on .ca. "

Yes.  That is what I have been saying from the first post.
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Never mind...I just tested it on my own between two accounts and it does work. Although for users who want to move 100% to the US site will still have to manage their tax tables through Ebay.ca for Canadian buyers. Bottom line you can't fully get off .ca

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

@thecoinhunterca wrote:

Never mind...I just tested it on my own between two accounts and it does work. Although for users who want to move 100% to the US site will still have to manage their tax tables through Ebay.ca for Canadian buyers. Bottom line you can't fully get off .ca

That is exactly what Pierre told you in more than one post.  He wasn't the one who was not paying attention.🤔

Message 10 of 10
latest reply