Verified by VISA is costing you lost sales

On Saturday I tried to make online purchase from company I rarely make purchase from with card I use daily and during checkout there was Verified by VISA security screen. Filled it up, error. Another 3x and it locked me out. The bank had no record of any transaction attempt and I had no time to wait for "Verified by VISA" dept. so I dropped the call after 10min hold.

Then tried to use my card on my own website and it also failed on VbV, most likely card is locked from before, I should call them back. But in the meantime I requested my CC gateway to disable VbV on our merchant account because I am 100% positive the information I entered on VbV screen (name, card #, expiration, PIN code) was correct.

Btw. when researching VbV issues, someone reported that even if VbV verification fails, some merchants are still able to authorize the transactions, so this person ended up with three orders from a merchant where he retried payment 3x and did not go through VbV. Obviously, this is also error on that merchant part part, because 3 payments toward same order # should never result in 3 orders but rather one order and 2 refunds.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Verified by VISA is costing you lost sales

My bank is trying to force visa down my throat. They actually sent me a visa card and said to activate just use it... what BS cut that up

Message 2 of 2
latest reply